- Monday 12
- Tuesday 13
- Wednesday 14
- Thursday 15
- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
Alabama vs Iona Predictions & Tips - Iona No Pushover
- Alabama vs Iona predictions for March Madness First Round
- Alabama vs Iona is set to start at 20:00 GMT on Saturday, March 20
- Both teams have won six straight heading into March Madness
- Alabama are tipped to win but Iona could cover the spread on their way out of the door
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Alabama vs Iona Predictions & Tips
Alabama are clear favourites and should win here. It may not be a one-sided beatdown though.
Rick Pitino has shocked the Crimson Tide before and he has an Iona team that can push them close here.
Ultimately they will come up short, but I believe they can cover the spread in a losing effort.
- Alabama have won each of their last six games and nine of the last 10
- The Crimson Tide’s good run includes an SEC Tournament Final win over Louisiana State
- Rick Pitino’s Iona team may have been underestimated with the +16.5 handicap
- Iona have put up 70 points or more in four of their last six games
- Pitino led Providence to a shock victory over Alabama in the Sweet Sixteen in 1987
Alabama Form & Team News
Alabama go into March Madness on a six-game win streak after holding off Louisiana State in the SEC Tournament Final.
The Crimson Tide have won nine of their last 10 and have not lost to unranked opposition since mid-December.
The Crimson Tide spread the points around, meaning opponents cannot focus in on stopping one player.
Jaden Shackelford, Jahvon Quinerly, John Petty and Herb Jones are all averaging double figures per game, while Petty and Jones combine for an average of 11.6 rebounds per game.
Iona Form & Team News
Iona took the MAAC Tournament last week and have now won their last six games.
They are yet to face ranked opposition, but experienced head coach Rick Pitino will have them ready for this meeting with the Crimson Tide.
Isaiah Ross leads the team in scoring with 18.4 points per game and is proving to be an efficient field goal shooter.
Berrick JeanLouis is forcing a couple of turnovers per game, averaging 2.3 steals, while the trio of JeanLouis, Nelly Junior Joseph and Dylan Van Eyck are solid rebounders.
They combine for an average of 19.7 per game.
Alabama vs Iona FAQs
Where can I watch the Alabama vs Iona live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Alabama vs Iona live stream.
Make no bones about this, I expect Alabama to win this matchup. But cover the spread? I’m not so sure.
Rick Pitino has previous for master-minding an upset win over Alabama. He may not repeat that feat here, but his team with a +16.5 handicap offers plenty of appeal.
Best Bet: Iona +16.5 Point Spread @-111.11 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Iona +16.5 & -147.5 Spread & Total Points @250.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units