- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
- Monday 26
Illinois vs Drexel Predictions & Tips - Illinois Can Dominate
- Illinois vs Drexel predictions for March Madness First Round
- Illinois vs Drexel is set to start at 17:15 GMT on Friday, March 19
- Illinois won the Big Ten Tournament last week and have won seven straight games
- The Fighting Illini should be far too good for a Drexel team who did well just to qualify
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Illinois vs Drexel Predictions & Tips
Illinois should make light work of their first-round matchup in March Madness. The Fighting Illini are on a seven-game win streak that includes last week’s Big Ten Tournament success, and they should be far too good for Drexel. The Dragons did well to make it this far, but they are out of their depth.
- Illinois won last week’s Big Ten Tournament
- Illinois have won seven straight games
- Drexel lost seven times of their 16 games prior to the CAA Tournament
- Drexel will be lucky if they are still in this matchup at halftime, such is the gulf in quality
- Illinois are one of only four teams that rank in the top 10 for both offensive and defensive efficiency
- Top seeds are 135-1 against #16 seeds in the first round of March Madness
- Illinois are 6-1 against the spread in their last seven games
Illinois Form & Team News
Illinois go into the tournament on a high after winning the Big Ten Tournament. They have now won seven straight with Ayo Dosunmu and Kofi Cockburn playing starring roles.
Dosunmu is averaging 20.7 points per game, with Cockburn contributing 9.6 total rebounds and 17.6 points per outing.
Drexel Form & Team News
Drexel have won four straight and took the CAA Tournament. However, Illinois are a massive step up in quality from the teams they have been facing.
James Butler has been a standout performer in the paint with 9.2 total rebounds per game, with Camren Wynter leading the scoring a 16.8 point average.
Illinois vs Drexel FAQs
Where can I watch the Illinois vs Drexel live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Illinois vs Drexel live stream.
#1 vs #16. This has blow-out written all over it.
This Illinois team is one the very best this school has seen in a long time. They can flex their muscles early in this one to make routine work of Drexel.
Best Bet: Illinois -22.5 Point Spread @-116.28 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: ILL -22.5 & -144.5 Spread & Total Points @256.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units