- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
- Monday 26
- Tuesday 27
Illinois vs Loyola-Chicago Predictions & Tips – Fighting Illini To March On
- Illinois vs Loyola-Chicago predictions for March Madness Second Round
- Illinois vs Loyola-Chicago is set to start at 16:10 GMT on Sunday, March 21
- Illinois won the Big Ten Tournament last week and have won eight straight games
- The Fighting Illini tipped to cover all-Illinois tussle
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Illinois vs Loyola-Chicago Predictions & Tips
Illinois face a tougher test in round two but they should pass it.
Loyola-Chicago are much better than Drexel defensively, but they have not faced a pairing as good as Kofi Cockburn and Ayo Dosunmu.
This pair dominated Drexel in round one and are likely to shine again as Illinois set a relentless pace and cover again.
- Illinois won last week’s Big Ten Tournament
- Illinois have won eight straight games
- Illinois are one of only four teams that rank in the top 10 for both offensive and defensive efficiency
- Kofi Cockburn and Ayo Dosunmu combined for 35 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists vs Drexel
- Illinois are 7-1 against the spread in their last eight games
- Illinois are 12-3 against Loyola-Chicago and have not lost to them since 1986
Illinois Form & Team News
Illinois have won eight straight with Ayo Dosunmu and Kofi Cockburn playing starring roles.
Dosunmu is averaging 20.6 points and 6.5 rebounds per game, with Cockburn contributing 17.6 points and 9.5 rebounds per outing.
Loyola-Chicago Form & Team News
Loyola-Chicago knocked out Georgia Tech – their seventh straight win and 18th in 19 games.
Cameron Krutwig leads the team in scoring (14.9 points per game) and rebounding (6.7 per game).
Despite having four players in double digits for points in round one, only Krutwig is averaging more than 8.6 points per game.
Illinois vs Loyola-Chicago FAQs
Where can I watch the Illinois vs Loyola-Chicago live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Illinois vs Loyola-Chicago live stream.
Illinois’ fast-paced attack overwhelmed Drexel and it should be too much for Loyola-Chicago.
The Ramblers’ defense will keep them in the game for a while, but eventually Cockburn and Dosumnu will be too much for them.
Best Bet: Illinois -7.0 Point Spread @-105.26 at BetMGM - 2 Units