- Monday 12
- Tuesday 13
- Wednesday 14
- Thursday 15
- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
Texas vs Abilene Christian Predictions & Tips - Wildcats Can Cover
- Texas vs Abilene Christian predictions for March Madness First Round
- Texas vs Abilene Christian is set to start at 01:50 GMT on Sunday, March 21
- Texas are on a five-game win streak while Abilene Christian have won 12 of the last 13
- Abilene Christian tipped to cover spread in losing effort
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Texas vs Abilene Christian Predictions & Tips
Texas are rightly favourites, but a blow-out may not be on the cards here.
Abilene Christian boast a tough defense and the best turnover margin in the country.
They are also one of the better three-point shooters in the nation.
An upset may be too much to ask for, but they appear to be capable of covering the spread in defeat.
- Texas have won five straight, including the Big 12 Tournament
- The Longhorns have won eight of the last 10
- Abilene Christian have won 12 of their last 13 games
- The Wildcats shoot 37.7% from three-point range, ranking 21st in the country
- Abilene Christian rank in the top 15 in both effective field goal defense and three-point defense
- Texas rank 236th for offensive turnover rate and turn the ball over on 20.1% of their possessions
- No team has forced more turnovers per game than Abilene Christian this season (13.9)
Texas Form & Team News
Texas downed Oklahoma State to win the Big 12 Tournament Final and make it five wins on the bounce.
They have won eight of the last 10 so they are in solid form heading into March Madness.
Guards Andrew Jones, Matt Coleman and Courtney Ramey are all averaging double digits per game in terms of points.
Second-chance baskets are a big thing for them thanks to the rebounding efforts of Kai Jones, Jericho Sims and Greg Brown.
Abilene Christian Form & Team News
Abilene Christian saw off Lamar and Nicholls State to win the Southland Tournament, and they have now won 12 of their last 13.
They have faced ranked opposition once this season, narrowly losing to Texas Tech back in early December.
The Wildcats do not boast an out-and-out shooter, with Kolton Kohl the team leader in average points per game with 12.3.
They do get after the ball though with Reggie Miller and Damien Daniels averaging around two steals per game, helping Abilene Christian lead the way nationally in this stat.
Texas vs Abilene FAQs
Where can I watch the Texas vs Abilene live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Texas vs Abilene live stream.
Texas will be made to work for this round-one win.
Abilene Christian are strong enough defensively to keep it close and if they play tough defense and continue to force turnovers then they could cover the spread.
Best Bet: Abilene Christian +9.0 Point Spread @-116.28 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: ACU +9.5 & -139.5 Spread & Total Points @262.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units