- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
- Tuesday 25
- Wednesday 26
- Thursday 27
- Friday 28
- Saturday 29
Jake Paul vs Ben Askren Predictions & Tips - Ex-UFC Star Askren To Spoil Paul's Perfect Record
- Jake Paul vs Ben Askren predictions for the fight on Saturday, April 17
- YouTube celebrity Paul is 2-0 since turning professional
- Askren is making his pro boxing debut after a successful MMA career
- Askren tipped to inflict first professional defeat on Paul
- Preview, predictions and head to head stats
Jake Paul vs Ben Askren Predictions & Tips
Ben Askren is not a great striker, but he can beat a YouTuber.
Askren’s MMA success came via his wrestling and he does not have a track record for knocking people out.
However, he has only been stopped with strikes once and that was a flying knee out of nowhere.
Askren can take a punch and he has the cardio to go the distance.
He can let Paul punch himself out early and then move up through the gears to get the job done.
- Ben Askren is an experienced fighter
- Ben Askren is used to being punched, unlike Jake Paul’s first two opponents
- Ben Askren has only been knocked out once in his fighting career (by flying knee)
- Ben Askren has shared the ring/cage with talented and powerful strikers
- Ben Askren has fought for at least 15 minutes on seven occasions
- Jake Paul is 2-0 but he has fought nobodies
- Jake Paul beat a YouTuber in his debut and an ex-basketball player in his second fight
- Jake Paul landed a punch during the press conference and Askren did not flinch
- Jake Paul has a tendency to load up on his punches and that could wear him down
- Jake Paul has not fought beyond the second round since turning professional
Jake Paul Form
Jake Paul is a perfect 2-0 since turning professional last year.
The 24-year-old needed only 138 seconds to stop YouTuber AnEsonGib in the first round of his debut fight in January.
Paul then returned to the ring in November and knocked former NBA basketball player Nate Robinson in the second round.
This meeting with Askren will be the first time that Paul has fought somebody with a background in professional combat sports.
Ben Askren Form
Ben Askren is making his professional boxing debut having retired from MMA in late 2019.
Askren was a former Bellator MMA and ONE welterweight champion when he finally arrived in the UFC in 2019.
But after beating ex-champion Robbie Lawler in his debut, Askren’s fortunes nose-dived.
He was knocked out by a flying knee just five seconds into his fight with Jorge Masvidal.
‘Funky’ was then submitted by Demian Maia in his third and final outing for the UFC.
Jake Paul vs Ben Askren FAQs
Where can I watch the Jake Paul vs Ben Askren live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Jake Paul vs Ben Askren live stream.
Where is Jake Paul vs Ben Askren taking place?
Jake Paul vs Ben Askren is taking place at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.
Askren is not afraid to get hit and he can take a punch. That cannot be said about Paul’s first two opponents.
‘Funky’ will fight smart, use his cardio to take Paul into deep waters and earn the decision win.
Best Bet: Ben Askren Winner @100.00 at BetMGM - 2 Units
Value Bet: Yes Fight To Go The Distance @163.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units