- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
- Monday 26
- Tuesday 27
Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton Predictions & Tips - Frampton Bid To End In Failure
- Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton predictions for the WBO super-featherweight title fight on April 3
- WBO champion Herring has won six straight fights
- Frampton has won both of his fights since losing to Josh Warrington
- Herring tipped to retain world title via judges’ scorecards
- Preview, predictions and head to head stats
Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton Predictions & Tips
Carl Frampton’s bid to become a three-weight world champion is likely to end in failure.
A prime ‘Jackal’ would have made straightforward work of Jamel Herring in the past, but this is not prime Frampton.
His best days are firmly in the rear-view mirror and Herring could take advantage here.
A southpaw with a size advantage, Herring can get the better of Frampton on the judges’ scorecards.
- Jamel Herring is on a six-fight win streak
- Jamel Herring has a massive 7” reach advantage
- Jamel Herring has a 5” height advantage
- Jamel Herring has more decision wins (11) thank knockout wins (10)
- Jamel Herring has not stopped any of his last five opponents
- Carl Frampton will not have the power to trouble Jamel Herring
Jamel Herring Form
Jamel Herring does not boast a perfect professional record but he has won six straight fights.
Herring dethroned Masayuki Ito to become the WBO super-featherweight champion in May 2019.
Later that year he bested Lamont Roach Jr over 12 rounds to complete his first successful defence of the crown.
In his last outing, in September 2020, Herring beat Jonathan Oquendo by disqualification due to an illegal headbutt.
Carl Frampton Form
Carl Frampton has been forced to rebuild since his big defeat to a domestic rival in December 2018.
Frampton was bested over 12 rounds by Josh Warrington as he challenge for the featherweight title, but he has bounced back with a couple of wins.
‘The Jackal’ got the better of Tyler McCreary over 12 rounds before knocking out Darren Traynor in August of last year.
They were not particularly challenging fights though so it is difficult to know if Frampton is done as an elite level fighter.
The answer to that question should come when he steps in the ring with Herring.
Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton FAQs
Where can I watch the Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Jamel Herring vs Carl Frampton live stream.
If this fight was a few years ago my backing would be for Frampton. But it is not.
‘The Jackal’ seems to be the downturn in his career and Herring – a southpaw with a massive size advantage – could be too much for him at this stage.
Best Bet: Yes Fight To Go Distance @-333.33 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Herring by Decision Method Of Victory @175.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units