- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez Predictions & Tips - Taylor To Become Undisputed Champion
- Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez predictions for Saturday, May 22
- World light-welterweight title fight taking place at Virgin Hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Taylor is Ring Magazine’s #1 ranked light-welterweight with a 17-0 record
- Ramirez is ranked #2 by Ring Magazine with a perfect 26-0 record
- Preview, predictions and head to head stats
Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez Predictions & Tips
Scotland’s Josh Taylor can become the undisputed world light-welterweight champion.
Taylor is the better all-round fighter, packing the perfect combination of speed, technique and power.
We could see Taylor outclass Ramirez on his way to a decision win.
- Josh Taylor is 17-0 in his professional career
- Josh Taylor has the skills to outbox Jose Carlos Ramirez
- Josh Taylor possesses more punching power than Jose Carlos Ramirez
- Josh Taylor is ranked #1 by Ring Magazine
- Jose Carlos Ramirez is ranked #2 by Ring Magazine
- Jose Carlos Ramirez was not convincing in his two biggest wins (Zepeda & Postol)
- Jose Carlos Ramirez struggled the last time he faced a southpaw (Zepeda)
Josh Taylor Form
Taylor boasts a perfect 17-0 record heading into his first fight in the United States for over four years.
The 30-year-old Scot’s rise to the top of the light-welterweight division came as part of the World Boxing Super Series.
Having stopped Ryan Martin in the quarter-finals, he became a world champion for the first time in the semi-finals.
Taylor bested Ivan Baranchyk over 12 rounds to claim the IBF title.
He then successfully defended that crown and added the WBA (Super) and Ring Magazine belts in the final.
Taylor went the distance with Regis Prograis and was awarded a majority decision win by the judges.
His first defence of all of those belts came last September when he stopped Apinun Khongsong in one round.
Jose Carlos Ramirez Form
Ramirez boasts a 100% professional record after successfully defending his belts in his sole outing of 2020.
The 28-year-old American became a world champion for the first time in March 2018.
Ramirez claimed a 12-round decision win over Amir Imam to claim the vacant WBC title.
He then made two successful defences against Antonio Orozco and Jose Zepeda, going 12 rounds both times.
Ramirez added the WBO title by stopping Maurice Hooker in six rounds in July 2019.
He then set this big bout for all of the marbles by beating Viktor Postol via majority decision last summer.
Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez FAQs
Where can I watch the Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez live stream.
Where is Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez taking place?
Josh Taylor vs Jose Carlos Ramirez is taking place at Virgin Hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 22.
Josh Taylor can come out on top Las Vegas if he resists the temptation to get into a brawl.
If the Scot fights smart, he can leave as the undisputed world light-welterweight champion.
Value Bet: Josh Taylor Winner @-277.78 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Best Bet: Taylor by Decision Method Of Victory @-120.48 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units