- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders Predictions & Tips - Canelo To Unify Titles
- Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders predictions for Saturday, May 8
- World super-middleweight title fight is taking place at AT&T Stadium in Texas
- Alvarez has not lost a fight since his 2013 defeat to Floyd Mayweather Jr
- Canelo is aiming to add the WBO belt to his WBA (Super), WBC and Ring Magazine titles
- Preview, predictions and head to head stats
Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders Predictions & Tips
Saul Alvarez is levels above Billy Joe Saunders. BJS may boast a perfect record, but there is a serious lack of big names on his list of victims.
Canelo has fought the best and beaten the best in multiple weight classes. The gulf in talent should be clear for all to see.
- Saul Alvarez is unbeaten in his last 14 fights
- Only one man has beaten Alvarez in his career – the legendary Floyd Mayweather Jr
- Canelo has beaten a string of top-tier talent and became the first man to beat Gennady Golovkin
- Alvarez’s form over the past several years has made him the pound-for-pound number one
- Canelo has gone beyond the sixth round in his last five fights against quality opposition
Saul Alvarez Form
Saul Alvarez has lost just once in 58 professional outings and only twice has he failed to win (there was that split decision draw with Gennady Golovkin in September 2017).
The Mexican superstar is currently enjoying a six-fight win streak.
Although his three-round blitz of Avni Yildirim in February was hardly a stand-out moment in his career, that fight was pretty much a warm-up for bigger and better things to come after a quiet 2020.
Alvarez made his one fight in 2020 a good one though – he left San Antonio, Texas with the WBA (Super), WBC and then-vacant Ring Magazine world titles.
Canelo did so after outclassing Callum Smith for 12 rounds in his return to the super-middleweight ranks.
Billy Joe Saunders Form
Billy Joe Saunders has not been on the losing end of a fight in his professional career but in all fairness, he has never faced a man the calibre of Canelo Alvarez.
BJS’ most recent outing saw him better domestic rival Martin Murray over 12 rounds and it was the sixth time that he has been taken the distance in his last eight outings.
It was hardly an eye-catching outing either, it was more of a fight to get him back in the ring after a year-long lay-off.
If Saunders is to have any hope of knocking Canelo off his perch on May 8, he will need to produce a significantly improved performance.
But does he have that in his locker?
Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders FAQs
Where can I watch the Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders live stream.
Where is Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders taking place?
Saul Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders is taking place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, May 8.
Simply put, there are good fighters and there are great fighters. Saunders is good, Alvarez is great.
Canelo should collect another world title for his growing list of accomplishments and do it in style.
Best Bet: Alvarez by KO/TKO Method Of Victory @137.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Alvarez in Rds 7-12 Round Group Betting @220.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units