- Saturday 16
- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat Predictions & Tips - Malan backed to show his class
- Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat predictions for Wednesday’s Big Bash cricket match
- The match will be played in Brisbane at 08:15 GMT
- I am backing world No.1 T20 batsman, Dawid Malan to produce the goods
- Read on for more free predictions & betting tips
Dawid Malan by made his Hurricanes debut in the last match (Getty Images)
Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat Predictions
Ben McDermott has performed well for the Hurricanes recently and should continue in the opening batsman birth. Just behind him Dawid Malan will play his second match while D’Arcy Short showed signs of returning to form in the last match.
- Hobart Hurricanes have won 3 of their last 5 matches.
- Hobart Hurricanes’ Ben McDermott has scored 89 & 46 runs in 2 of his last 3 matches.
- Hobart Hurricanes’ Dawid Malan is ranked as the top T20 batsman in the world.
- Hobart Hurricanes’ D’Arcy Short scored 27 runs in his last match.
- Brisbane Heat’s Max Bryant has scored 20+ runs in 3 of his last 4 matches.
Head to Head
The Brisbane Heat have won three of their last five matches against the Hobart Hurricanes. That includes doing the double on the Hurricanes last season. Their last match saw the Heat win by four wickets just a few days ago.
Hobart Hurricanes Form
The Hobart Hurricanes are fourth on the BBL table with 11 points, two points off top. They have won three of their five matches but suffered defeat in their last outing against the Brisbane Heat in Brisbane.
On Wednesday the Hurricanes face the same opposition but will be hoping for a better performance. Batting first the Hobart Hurricanes only managed 148 runs as D’Arcy Short top scored with 28 runs. James Faulkner added 26 down the order but the batting effort was not good enough.
The Heat reached the total with just under three overs to spare. Riley Meredith bowled well for his 2-24 while D’Arcy Short took 3-18.
Hobart Hurricanes Injuries & Team News
World No.1 T20 batsman Dawid Malan came into the side in their last match. Malan only managed 15 runs but will surely improve has he settles in.
The batting will be cause for slight concern but D’Arcy Short showed glimpses of returning to his best form last time out. There shouldn’t be too many changes in the Hurricanes outfit.
Brisbane Heat Form
The Brisbane Heat got their first win of the season under the belt in their last match against the Hobart Hurricanes in Brisbane. They still only have five points on the Big Bash table and will want to build on that victory so that they can get closer to those playoff spots.
Bowling first the Heat restricted the Hurricanes to 148 runs. Man of the match Lewis Gregory bowled magnificently as he took 3-22 in four overs.
The Heat responded well with the bat with opening batsmen, Max Bryant (31) and Sam Heazlett (48) putting on 73 runs for the first wicket.
There was a bit of a batting collapse thereafter as the Heat lost six wickets for 29 runs but Jimmy Peirson and James Bazley steered the Heat home. That four wicket win will give the Brisbane outfit confidence going into this match but they desperately need back-to-back wins.
Brisbane Heat Injuries & Team News
Chris Lynn is still injured and only likely back in January. That puts more pressure on an already brittle batting lineup.
Top Cooper, Dan Lawrence and Jack Wildermuth all failed with the bat last time out. They are likely to be given another match given the reluctance to change after victory.
Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat FAQ
What is the Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat best bet?
The best bet is for Ben McDermott to score over 23.5 runs for the Hobart Hurricanes.
Where can I watch the Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat live stream.
The Hobart Hurricanes' batting lineup is loaded with quality and the addition of Dawid Malan will add to that. I'm backing Malan and D'Arcy Short to go big while Ben McDermott's is tipped to go over 23.5 runs.
Best Bet: Bryant Over 18.5 Runs Over/Under Runs @-120.48 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Best Bet: McDermott Over 23.5 Over/Under Runs @-120.48 at bet365 Sport NJ - 3 Units
To Score 50+ Runs Tip: Dawid Malan To Score 50+ Runs @240.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit
Hurricanes Best Batsman Tip: D'Arcy Short Hurricanes Best Batsman @250.00 at 888sport - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
16 January 2021
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet