- Friday 15
- Saturday 16
- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder Predictions & Tips - Thunder backed to win tight BBL encounter
- Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder predictions for Thursday’s Big Bash cricket match
- The match will be played in Perth at 07:10 GMT
- I am Alex Hales to top score for the Sydney Thunder
- Full match preview and predictions
Alex Hales has been scoring consistent runs for the Thunder this season (Getty Images)
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder Predictions
This should be a cracking BBL match with both teams looking to bounce back from defeat. I’m looking at the Sydney Thunder to sneak over the line with Alex Hales and Callum Ferguson to get among the runs.
- Hobart Hurricanes’ Dawid Malan has scored over 25.5 runs in his last 3 matches.
- Hobart Hurricanes’ Ben McDermott scored 91 runs in his last match.
- Sydney Thunder’s Alex Hales has scored 71, 45 & 46 runs in his last 3 matches.
- Sydney Thunder’s Callum Ferguson has scored over 25.5 runs in 4 of his last 5 matches.
- Sydney Thunder have won 5 of their last 7 BBL matches.
Head to Head
The Sydney Thunder have won three of their last five matches against the Hobart Hurricanes. Their last meeting ended in a 57-run victory for the Thunder in the BBL playoffs in 2020.
Hobart Hurricanes Form
The Hobart Hurricanes are third on the BBL table, three points off the top. They have won five of their eight matches this season.
The Hurricanes will be looking to bounce back after suffering a 10-run defeat to the Melbourne Stars in their last outing.
The Stars batted first and scored 183 runs, thanks to Marcus Stoinis’ magnificent 97 runs. In reply the Hurricanes looked set to achieve the total as Ben McDermott smashed 91 from 58 balls.
Unfortunately there wasn’t much help from elsewhere and once McDermott was dismissed, the Hurricanes struggled to maintain the required rate.
Hobart Hurricanes Injuries & Team News
The Hobart Hurricanes have been very consistent in selection since Dawid Malan arrived. The Ben McDermott experiment at the top of the order also finally paid off in the last match.
Will Jacks will be waiting for his opportunity to get back into the side. The only way that looks likely is if he replaces Tim David or Colin Ingram.
Sydney Thunder Form
The Sydney Thunder are enjoying a cracking season. Currently they are second behind only their cross town rivals, Sydney Sixers.
Last time out the Thunder suffered defeat in a nail-biter to the Brisbane Heat. Batting first the Thunder managed a reasonable score of 174 runs.
Alex Hales continued his fine form with 46 runs while Callum Ferguson contributed 36 and Daniel Sams 37 runs.
The bowlers struggled, in particular Tanveer Sangha. Despite taking three wickets, Sangha went for 40 runs in just over three overs. That saw the Heat win with by five wickets with five balls to spare.
Sydney Thunder Injuries & Team News
The Thunder will be reluctant to tinker with their side too much. A number of the players are performing at a high level.
There will be questions marks over Usman Khawaja who has not been at his best. It is however very unlikely that he will be dropped considering the quality he brings. Khawaja is almost certain to come good at some point.
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder FAQ
What is the Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder best bet?
The best bet for this is for the Sydney Thunder to come away with a win.
Where can I watch the Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder live stream.
The consistency of the Thunder's Callum Ferguson and Hurricanes' Dawid Malan deserves to be backed in the total batsman runs market.
I'm also tipping the Sydney Thunder to come out on top in a tight match with Alex Hales as the top team batsman.
Best Bet: Ferguson Over 25.5 Over/Under Runs @-120.48 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Best Bet: Malan Over 25.5 Over Under Runs @-120.48 at bet365 Sport NJ - 3 Units
Winner Tip: Sydney Thunder Result @-111.11 at Borgata Sports - 2 Units
Thunder Best Batsman Tip: Alex Hales Thunder Best Batsman @225.00 at 888sport - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
15 January 2021
16 January 2021
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet