- Friday 30
- Saturday 31
- Sunday 1
- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
Sri Lanka vs India 3rd ODI Predictions & Tips - Dhawan can lead India to series whitewash
- Sri Lanka vs India predictions for Friday’s ODI cricket match
- The fixture will be played in Colombo at 10:30 BST
- Shikhar Dhawan averages over 70 runs per innings in ODI cricket against Sri Lanka
- Dhawan is tipped to score 50+ runs in the 3rd ODI as India seek whitewash
- Tips, stats, team news & preview
Shikhar Dhawan averages over 70 in ODI cricket against Sri Lanka (Getty Images)
Sri Lanka vs India Predictions
Shikhar Dhawan is looking in fine form at the top of the order for India. He also has a superb record against Sri Lanka so we’re backing him to score 50+ in this match.
- Sri Lanka have lost 8 of their last 9 ODI matches.
- Sri Lanka’s Avishka Fernando has scored 33 & 50 runs in his last 2 ODI matches.
- India’s Shikhar Dhawan has scored 98, 67 & 86 runs in 3 of his last 5 ODI matches.
- India’s Shikhar Dhawan averages 70.50 against Sri Lanka in ODI cricket.
- India’s Shikhar Dhawan has scored 50+ runs in 9 of his last 14 matches against Sri Lanka.
- India have won 10 of their last 11 ODI matches against Sri Lanka.
Head to Head
India have won 11 of their last 12 ODI matches against Sri Lanka. The current series see India lead 2-0 after coming out victorious in the 2nd ODI by three wickets in Colombo.
Sri Lanka Form
Sri Lanka’s ODI form has been shocking with nine losses in their last 10 matches. They did however perform well in the 2nd ODI against India in Colombo.
Avishka Fernando scored 50 runs while Charith Asalanka him a brilliant 65 to lead Sri Lanka to a competitive total of 275 runs. A quick-fire 44 runs by Chamika Karunaratne helped the score along towards the end.
Wanindu Hasaranga led the hosts attempt to defend the total, taking 3-37. Unfortunately it just wasn’t enough as India won by three wickets with just five balls to spare.
Sri Lanka Injuries & Team News
Sri Lanka will be reasonably happy with their performances in the opening two ODIs despite losing. They will probably stick with the same side with Kusal Perera still out of contention.
India sealed the series win in the 2nd ODI against Sri Lanka in Colombo. They will be proud of their efforts considering how many first-choice players were left out of this squad.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Yuzvendra Chahal bowled well, taking three wickets each as the hosts batted first. Sri Lanka still managed a decent total of 275 runs.
Shikhar Dhawan looked on course for yet another big score but fell for 29 runs. Manish Pandey (37) and Surykumar Yadav (53) settled India after losing some quick wickets.
Once they were dismissed there was still plenty of work to be done. Krunal Pandya (35) and Deepak Chahar (69) secured the three wicket win in the final over.
India Injuries & Team News
With the series won India could look to give one or two younger players a run in the 3rd ODI.
Sri Lanka vs India Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch Sri Lanka vs India live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch Sri Lanka vs India live stream.
Shikhar Dhawan is backed to score 50+ runs and be India's top scorer.
For Sri Lanka I am backing opener Avishka Fernando to continue his fine form and top score for the hosts.
Best Bet: Dhawan 50+ Runs To Score 50+ Runs in Match @120.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Best India Batsman Tip: Shikhar Dhawan Best India Batsman @225.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Best Sri Lanka Batsman Tip: Avishka Fernando Best Sri Lanka Batsman @350.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit