Ireland vs Sri Lanka Predictions & Tips - Ireland aim to cause World Cup upset
- Ireland vs Sri Lanka predictions for Wednesday’s T20 World Cup match
- Fixture will be played in Abu Dhabi at 15:00 BST
- Will Paul Stirling continue his run of form?
- Sri Lanka have lost 8 of their last 11 T20 matches
- Predictions, stats, team news & preview
Ireland can cause an upset against Sri Lanka (Getty Images)
Ireland vs Sri Lanka Predictions
This is certainly a match that Ireland will believe they can win. Sri Lanka’s form has been poor coming into the tournament so I’m backing Ireland to cause an upset.
- Ireland vs Sri Lanka Predictions
- Head to Head
- Ireland Form
- Ireland Injuries & Team News
- Sri Lanka Form
- Sri Lanka Injuries & Team News
- Ireland vs Sri Lanka Live Stream FAQ
- Ireland’s Paul Stirling averages 50.56 in his last 10 T20I matches.
- Ireland’s Paul Stirling has scored 30+ runs in 6 of his last 9 T20I matches.
- Sri Lanka’s Bhaduka Rajapaksa scored 42* runs in his last match.
- Sri Lanka have lost 8 of their last 11 T20I matches.
Head to Head
Ireland have only played Sri Lanka once before. That match took place in 2009 and Sri Lanka won by nine runs.
Ireland got their T20 Cricket World Cup off to a cracking start by beating Netherlands by seven wickets in Abu Dhabi.
Curtis Campher was the star with ball in hand for Ireland as he took 4-26. His four wickets came off four consecutive balls, the first time that has happened in T20 cricket.
This helped restrict the Netherlands to 106 runs in their 20 overs. Paul Stirling was solid in the chase, scoring 30 runs while Gareth Delany continued his fine form with 44 not out. They won with just under five overs to spare.
Ireland Injuries & Team News
Ireland put in a good all round performance last time out. Unless there are serious pitch condition changes the side should remain the same.
Sri Lanka Form
Along with Ireland, Sri Lanka won their opening World Cup match. It was a match they were always expected to win against Namibia in Abu Dhabi.
Sri Lanka bowled first and they dismissed Namibia for 96 runs. Maheesh Theekshana was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 3-25.
It was a rocky start for Sri Lanka with the bat as they lost three early wickets. Avishka Fernando (30) and Bahnuka Rajapaksa (42) however saw them home with more than six overs to spare.
Sri Lanka Injuries & Team News
Sri Lanka won’t be changing too much ahead of this clash. They will however be hoping that the top order can find some run scoring form.
Ireland vs Sri Lanka Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch Ireland vs Sri Lanka live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch Ireland vs Sri Lanka live stream
Ireland are backed to upset the odds against an out-of-form Sri Lankan outfit. Paul Stirling is tipped to top score for the Irish.
For Sri Lanka I am backing young middle-order batsman, Bhanuka Rajapaksa to top score for the second match running.
Best Bet: Ireland Win Result $3.00 at Ladbrokes Australia - 3 Units
Best Ireland Batsman Tip: Paul Stirling Best Ireland Batsman $3.40 at Neds - 1 Unit
Best Sri Lanka Batsman Tip: Bhanuka Rajapaksa Best Sri Lanka Batsman $5.50 at Bookmaker - 1 Unit