Australia vs India 4th Test Predictions & Tips - Australia can win against injury-hit India
- Australia vs India predictions for the 4th Test match
- The match will be played at the Gabba in Brisbane at 23:30 GMT on Thursday
- I am backing Labuschagne and Smith to go big at the Gabba
- Australia have won their last 6 Test matches in Brisbane
- Full match preview and predictions
Marnus Labuschagne and Steven Smith found their form in the last Test and could make India pay in the final Test match (Getty Images)
Australia vs India Predictions
Marnus Labuschagne and Steve Smith are in form and could take advantage of an inexperienced Indian bowling lineup at the Gabba.
- Australia’s Marnus Labuschagne has scored 47, 48, 91 & 73 in 4 of his last 5 Test innings.
- Australia’s Steve Smith scored 131 and 81 runs in his last Test match.
- India’s Cheteshwar Pujara scored 50 & 77 runs in his last Test match.
- India’s Shubman Gill has scored 30+ runs in his last 6 innings’.
Head to Head
India have won two of the last five Test matches against Australia. There have been two draws and one Australian win.
The 3rd Test of this series ended in a draw at the SCG in Sydney.
Australia head into the fourth Test at the Gabba determined to secure a series win. The series is currently level at 1-1 after the 3rd Test in Sydney ended in a draw.
The Aussies will be disappointed that they are not leading the series after dominating for much of the Sydney Test. Will Pucovski scored 62 to on debut but it was Marnus Labuschagne (91) and Steven Smith (131) who steered Australia to 338 runs in their first innings.
Pat Cummins then took 4-29 as India were all out for 244, leaving Australia with a 94-run lead. It was again the Labuschagne and Smith show as they scored 73 and 81 runs respectively while Cameron Green hit 84 lower down the order.
Australia declared on 312-6, leaving India a target of 408 but the visitors batted superbly for 131 overs as the match ended in a draw.
Australia Injuries & Team News
Australia have reported no injuries ahead of the 4th Test.
Given the knife-edge the series is on it is doubtful Australia will make any changes. David Warner did not mark his return with runs but will definitely keep his place.
Matthew Wade is perhaps the only worry but it will be between him and Travis Head who starts in the middle-order.
India will be extremely happy with the series thus far. They are level at 1-1 going into the final Test but it could have been a far different story.
Unfortunately the visitors have suffered a number of injury setbacks over the last couple of weeks. In the 3rd Test Ravindra Jadeja took 4-62 as Australia amassed a total of 338 runs in the first innings.
Shubman Gill and Cheteshwar Pujara both scored 50 runs but India could only score 244, giving the Australians a healthy lead. When Australia declared on 312 in their second innings it looked all but over for India with so much time left in the match.
Rohit Sharma scored 52 runs but the heroics came later in the innings. Cheteshwar Pujara batted out 205 balls for his 77 runs but the real praise was reserved for Rishabh Pant. He scored 97 off 118 balls and while he was there it looked like India could pull off the most unlikely Test win.
Unfortunately he was dismissed which saw Hanuma Vihari and Ravichandran Ashwin – both injured – bat for 42 overs to secure the draw.
India Injuries & Team News
India have a plethora of injuries to contend with, most notably that of Jasprit Bumrah. If he is out it would mean Mohammed Siraj will be the most experienced fast bowler with two matches under his belt.
Ravindra Jadeja has been ruled out with injury while there are further doubts over the fitness of Hanuma Vihari and Ravichandran Ashwin. Should they also be out, India could be scraping the barrels of their squad to get a team out on the field.
Australia vs India FAQ
What is the Australia vs India best bet?
The best bet for this match is for Marnus Labuschagne to score 50+ runs in the 1st innings.
Where can I watch the Australia vs India live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Australia vs India live stream.
Steve Smith and Marnus Labuschagne were magnificent in the last Test so are backed to score runs in the first innings of the 4th Test.
Best Bet: Labuschagne 50+ Runs To Score 50+ Runs in 1st Innings @120.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Gill 50+ Runs To score 50+ Runs in Either innings @150.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Best India 1st Innings Batsman Tip: Cheteshwar Pujara Best India 1st Innings Batsman @220.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit
To Score 100+ 1st Innings Runs Tip: Steven Smith To Score 100+ 1st Innings Runs @275.00 at 888sport - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet