West Indies vs Pakistan 1st Test Predictions & Tips - Pakistan set to continue superb Test form in Kingston
- West Indies vs Pakistan predictions for the 1st Test match on Thursday
- The match will be played in Kingston at 16:00 BST
- Pakistan have won their last 4 Test matches
- Can Pakistan make it 5 wins in a row?
- Tips, team news, stats & preview
Pakistan have won their last four Test matches (Getty Images)
West Indies vs Pakistan Predictions
The West Indies have been poor in their last two series, particularly against South Africa. Conditions won’t favour the Windies here so my best bet is for Pakistan to win.
- West Indies vs Pakistan Predictions
- Head to Head
- West Indies Form
- West Indies Injuries & Team News
- Pakistan Form
- Pakistan Injuries & Team News
- West Indies vs Pakistan Live Stream FAQ
- West Indies have lost 6 of their last 10 Test matches.
- West Indies have failed to win in their last 4 home Test matches.
- West Indies’ Kraigg Brathwaite has scored 50+ runs in the 1st innings of 3 of his last 6 Test matches.
- Pakistan have won their last 4 Test matches.
- Pakistan’s Abid Ali has scored 60 & 215 runs in his last 2 Test match innings’.
- Pakistan’s Babar Azam averages 60 in his last 13 Test matches.
- Pakistan’s Babar Azam has scored 50+ runs in the 1st innings of 8 of his last 13 Test matches.
Head to Head
Pakistan hold a slight 3-2 lead over the West Indies in their last five Test matches. They have not played since 2017 where Pakistan beat the Windies by 101 runs.
West Indies Form
The West Indies Test form has been poor of late with just three wins in their 11 matches since returning from lockdown in July 2020. Their most recent series ended in a 2-0 home defeat to South Africa in June.
In both matches the West Indies struggled, losing the first by an innings at 63 runs and the 2nd Test by 158 runs. The Windies batting remains the biggest concern having failed to pass the 200-run mark in their four innings against South Africa.
During the two match series, only two West Indies batsmen managed to score 50+ runs across the two matches. Roston Chase’s 62 in the 1st Test and Kieran Powell’s 51 in the 2nd Test were the two standout scores.
West Indies Injuries & Team News
Chemar Holder and Shamarh Brooks have returned to the West Indies Test squad for this series. Darren Bravo has been left out after spending months in the bubble.
Pakistan are in a good place as a team having won their last four Test matches. Since returning from COVID-19 lockdown, Pakistan have played six Test matches, won four and lost two.
The two defeats were both away in New Zealand while they beat South Africa at home and Zimbabwe away. West Indian playing conditions won’t differ too much from what you’d find in Pakistan so the visitors should adapt with minimal fuss.
Pakistan’s last two series wins came against South Africa and Zimbabwe, both ended 2-0. The latter series against Zimbabwe saw some big runs being scored, particularly by Abid Ali. In the 2nd Test he scored 215 runs while Azhar Ali added 126.
Pakistan Injuries & Team News
Pakistan have recalled Mohammad Abbas who was rested for the series against Zimbabwe. The rest of the squad is a very settled one so don’t expect too many changes.
West Indies vs Pakistan Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch West Indies vs Pakistan live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch West Indies vs Pakistan live stream.
Pakistan have won their last four Test matches and are backed to make it five in a row. Babar Azam is tipped to top score for the visitors and win the man of the match award.
West Indies' batsmen have been poor of late but Kraigg Brathwaite has some form. He is backed to top score in the 1st innings.
Best Bet: Pakistan Win Result @100.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Best Pakistan 1st Innings Batsman: Babar Azam Best Pakistan 1st Innings Batsman @187.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Best West Indies 1st Innings Batsman Tip: Kraigg Brathwaite Best West Indies Batsman @300.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit
Man of the Match Tip: Babar Azam Man of the Match @650.00 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 1 Unit