The Hundred 2021 Betting Odds - Who will win the inaugural The Hundred?
- The Hundred gets underway on 22 July 2021
- Southern Brave are the favourites to win the inaugural tournament
- The final of The Hundred will be played on 21 August at Lord’s
- The Hundred is a brand new format of cricket
The Hundred starts on 22 July 2021 (Getty Images)
The Hundred was originally scheduled to launch in 2020 but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was pushed back a year. It is a brand new format of cricket, never before played in a professional environment.
The tournament consists of eight teams from around the United Kingdom and will be played from 22 July to 21 August 2021.
Southern Brave have been installed as early favourites with bet365. The bookmakers are however as unsure as the public as to how this tournament will go, considering the teams and rule changes to what the normal cricket fan is used to.
2021 The Hundred Betting Odds
Odds correct as of 19 July 2021 from bet365
The Hundred Rules
- It is 100 balls per innings. The team that scores the most runes win.
- The bowler can deliver five or 10 deliveries, the captain decides. There are no six-ball overs as in normal cricket.
- A bowler can deliver no more than 20 balls per innings.
- The bowling side can get one (1) timeout per innings of up to 2 mins 30 seconds. This has been seen in the IPL but the difference here is that the side can choose when to take it.
- Coaches can walk onto the field during the match to discuss tactics with players.
- The powerplay will be the 25 balls long.
- During the powerplay only two fielders are allowed outside of the inner ring (30 yards). This is the same as any other limited overs cricket match.
- The length of the match should last no longer than 150 minutes (two and a half hours).
- Each team is only allowed three overseas player.