- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
- Thursday 28
- Friday 29
- Saturday 30
Hampshire vs Somerset Predictions & Tips - Vince backed for runs in Vitality Blast semi-final
- Hampshire vs Somerset predictions for Saturday’s Vitality Blast semi-final
- Match will be played in Birmingham at 11:00 BST
- Hampshire have won their last 6 matches
- Can James Vince blast Hampshire into the final?
- Tips, stats, team news & preview
James Vince can put Hampshire in final (Getty Images)
Hampshire vs Somerset predictions
Hampshire have been flying, winning their last six matches. Somerset were a bit inconsistent so I am backing Hampshire to win this match as my best bet.
- Hampshire vs Somerset predictions
- Head to Head
- Hampshire Form
- Hampshire Team News & Injuries
- Somerset Form
- Somerset Team News & Injuries
- Hampshire vs Somerset Live Stream FAQ
- Hampshire have won their last 6 matches.
- Hampshire’s James Vince has scored 30+ runs in 2 of his last 3 matches.
- Hampshire’s Darcy Short has scored over 30.5 runs in 2 of his last 3 matches.
- Somerset have won 3 of their last 5 matches.
- Somerset’s Marchant De Lange has taken 17 wickets in the Vitality Blast.
Head to Head
Somerset have won three of the last five games between the sides. It was Hampshire who prevailed with a comfortable 75 run win in their last encounter during the group phase.
Hampshire come into this encounter in fine form having won their last six Vitality Blast matches. That run led them to finish third on the table.
In the quarter-final, Hampshire faced off against Nottinghamshire at Trent Bridge. Hampshire were sent in to bat on a difficult pitch, scoring 125 runs in their 20 overs. Tom Prest top scored on 44 runs.
Their meagre total was defended valiantly, as they emerged victorious in a thriller. Liam Dawson took 3 for 24 and Scott Currie taking 2 for 16 as Nottinghamshire collapsed from 66-1 to 123 all out.
Hampshire Team News & Injuries
The team is likely to remain unchanged for the quarter-final against Nottinghamshire. No injuries have been reported.
Somerset strolled into the playoffs largely untroubled. They finished second in the league phase.
In their quarter-final against Lancashire at Taunton, Somerset won the toss and elected to field. Roelof Van De Merwe took 4 for 27 and Marchant De Lange 3 for 41 were the standout bowlers as Lancashire made a competitive 184 runs.
In reply, opener Will Smeed scored 44 runs to get Somerset off to a flying start. It was however the 102-run partnership between Tom Abell (78) and Tom Lammonby (47) which enabled them to romp to their target with 11 balls to spare.
Somerset Team News & Injuries
Somerset could welcome back England international Craig Overton. Other than that we expect the side to remain unchanged.
Hampshire vs Somerset Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch Hampshire vs Somerset live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch Hampshire vs Somerset live stream.