- Saturday 16
- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City Predictions & Tips - Jamie Maclaren tipped to score
- Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City predictions for Monday’s A-League match
- Match is being played at 8.05am GMT at Dolphin Stadium
- Jamie Maclaren has scored 3 goals in his last 3 games against Brisbane Roar
- I’m tipping Melbourne City to win and Jamie Maclaren to score
- Read on for more free predictions and betting tips
Melbourne City are tipped to win away from home (Getty Images).
Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City Predictions
Melbourne City will be eager to put last season’s Grand Final loss behind them. I’m tipping City to win and for Jamie Maclaren to score.
- Brisbane Roar have not won in their last 3 matches (A-League).
- Jamie Maclaren has scored 9 goals in his last 8 matches (A-League).
- Melbourne City have won 4 of their last 5 matches (A-League).
Head to Head
These two sides have met 32 times. Melbourne City have won 15 of those meetings to Brisbane’s 11 and they have played out six draws.
Brisbane Roar Form
Consecutive 1-1 draws against Wellington Phoenix and Sydney FC saw Brisbane finish fourth at the end of the regular season.
The outbreak of the pandemic saw head coach Robbie Fowler depart the club, resulting in the untried Warren Moon stepping into the role.
Despite coming into the finals with a solid record, Brisbane’s run would end in the first week as they went down 1-0 to Western United. In a tight contest, it took an Alessandro Diamanti wonder goal to separate the two sides and send Brisbane packing.
Brisbane Roar Injuries & Team News
Brisbane saw several first-choice players depart from last season. Forward Brad Inman completed a move to India, while Burnley loanee Aiden O’Neill made a permanent move to Melbourne City.
The club also lost exciting young striker Mirza Muratovic, as well as experienced defender Scott Neville.
Brisbane activity in the transfer market was headlined by the signing of four-time Japanese international Masato Kudo. The 30-year-old forward joins after 189 appearances for Kashiwa Reysol in Japan.
Melbourne City Form
After winning four consecutive matches to qualify for their inaugural Grand Final last season, City’s season came crashing down in heartbreaking fashion.
A 2-0 win against Western United in the semi-final saw City head into the final with plenty of confidence that they would take home a major trophy.
Striker Jamie Maclaren also finished the season in hot form, scoring nine goals in seven leading up to the match.
City started the match well and even had a goal ruled out by the VAR in the first half.
An extra-time goal off Sydney fullback Rhyan Grant’s shoulder would then break City hearts and send them back to the drawing board.
Melbourne City Injuries & Team News
Melbourne City wasted little time strengthening their squad in the off-season. The club recruited Socceroo Andrew Nabbout from rivals Melbourne Victory, who will replace the outgoing Lachlan Wales who joined Western United.
Attacking midfielder Aiden O’Neil also joined the club after deciding not to return to Burnley – having spent last season on loan with Brisbane.
The only injury concern for the club is right-back Nathaniel Atkinson, who is expected to miss four weeks with a hamstring injury.
Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City Tips
What is the Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City best bet?
Melbourne City have won four of their last five matches. The best bet is for City to win.
Where can I watch the Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City live stream.
Continuity is key and Melbourne City have retained a core group of players, while adding some extra talent. I’m backing City to win and Maclaren to continue his impressive form.
Best Bets: Melbourne City Win Full Time Result @110.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Best Bets: Jamie Maclaren Anytime Goalscorer @-109.89 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Value Bet: Jamie Maclaren First Goalscorer @325.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
16 January 2021
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet