- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
Vila Nova vs Bahia Predictions & Tips - Vila Nova to hold Bahia to a draw in the Copa do Brazil
- Vila Nova vs Bahia predictions for Tuesday’s Brazilian Cup match
- The third round first leg is being played at 8.30pm BST at Estádio Onésio Brasileiro Alvarenga
- Vila Nova are undefeated in their last 7 home matches
- I am backing a draw in Brazil
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Bahia could be content with a draw in the Copa do Brazil (Getty Images)
Vila Nova vs Bahia Predictions
Vila Nova have been hard to beat at home this season. With Bahia playing their second match in three days, they could be content with a draw in the first leg.
- Vila Nova are undefeated in their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Vila Nova have drawn their last 3 home matches (all competitions).
- Bahia have lost 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Bahia have a 6-3 advantage against Vila Nova with 3 draws in 12 matches.
Vila Nova Form
Vila Nova had a solid campaign in the Goiano where they reached the final. They won five of 10 group games before beating Anápolis 6-1 on aggregate in the quarter-finals.
Wagner Lopes’ side beat Aparecidense 2-1 on aggregate in the semi-finals before a heartbreak in the final. Both legs ended in 1-1 draws with Grêmio Anápolis winning in a penalty shootout.
Vila Nova hosted Botafogo in their first match of the Serie B season. Willian Formiga put them in front with the match ending in a 1-1 draw, a big effort after Deivid was sent off in the 41st minute.
Bahia reached the Baiano quarter-finals where they lost 3-1 on aggregate against Bahia de Feira. They reached the Copa do Nordeste final where they beat Ceará in a penalty shootout.
Dado Cavalcanti’s side have also been competing in the Copa Sudamericana. The finished third in Group B with two wins, two draws and two defeats.
Bahia had a solid start to the Serie A season. They won 3-0 against Santos with Rossi assisting Thaciano for the opening two goals and Juninho wrapping it up.