Wydad Casablanca vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions & Tips - Wydad to win at home fortress against struggling Chiefs
- Wydad Casablanca vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions for Saturday’s CAF Champions League match
- The game is being played at 19:00 GMT at Mohamed V Stadium
- Wydad have won 23 of their last 28 home CAF CL matches
- A home victory is the tip for this match
- Preview, team news, stats & predictions
Chiefs have lost their last two matches and are winless in four (Getty images)
Wydad Casablanca vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions
Wydad Casablanca have a superb home record and should be too good for the visiting Kaizer Chiefs. The best bet is for Wydad to win.
- Wydad Casablanca have won their last 3 matches (all competitions).
- Wydad Casablanca have won 23 of their last 28 home matches (CAF Champions League).
- Wydad Casablanca have won their last 3 home matches to nil (all competitions).
- Kaizer Chiefs have lost their last 2 matches (all competitions).
- Kaizer Chiefs have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 8 away matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
This is the first ever meeting between these two teams.
Wydad Casablanca are unbeaten in ten home matches against South African opponents. Kaizer Chiefs are playing in Morocco for the second time having faced Raja Casablanca in 2015.
Wydad Casablanca Form
Wydad Casablanca have had a five week gap since last playing due to the Morocco National Team’s involvement in the African Nations Championship.
They qualified for the CAF Champions League group stages after beating Stade Malien Bamako 3-1 on aggregate. Wydad lost the first leg 1-0 away before winning 3-0 at home in their last match.
Ayoub El Kaabi opened the scoring before a second half brace by Mouaid Allafi. Between the two legs, Wydad Casablanca enjoyed two 1-0 away victories against Maghreb Fes and Khouribga.
Wydad Casablanca Injuries & Team News
Wydad right winger, Badie Aouk has proven his fitness and should return. In defence, both Yahia Attiyat Allah and Achraf Dari are doubtful.
Midfielders Ayoub El Kaabi and Yahya Jabrane, and striker Walid El Karti all featured for Morocco in recent weeks and will start this match.
Kaizer Chiefs Form
Kaizer Chiefs are playing in the CAF Champions League group stages for the first time. They beat both PWD Bamenda and Primeiro de Agosto 1-0 on aggregate in the qualifying rounds.
After beating TTM 3-0 at home, Chiefs drew 0-0 at Stellenbosch, drew 1-1 against Baroka at home and lost 2-1 at Orlando Pirates.
In their last match, Chiefs suffered a 2-1 home defeat to a lower division side, Richards Bay FC in the Nedbank Cup. Amakhosi played 26 minutes with ten men after Siphosakhe Ntiya-Ntiya was red carded.
Kaizer Chiefs Injuries & Team News
Erick Mathoho and Philani Zulu will return in defence after being rested at the weekend. Midfielders Lebogang Manyama and Kearyn Baccus have not travelled.
In attack, Khama Billiat is still out injured long term but Samir Nurkovic will be back to lead the line after being given a breather in the last match.
Odds for this match have yet to be released.
Wydad Casablanca vs Kaizer Chiefs Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Wydad Casablanca vs Kaizer Chiefs live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Wydad Casablanca vs Kaizer Chiefs live stream.