- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
Santos vs Boca Juniors Predictions & Tips - Copa Libertadores semi-final to end level
- Santos vs Boca Juniors predictions for Wednesday’s Copa Libertadores match
- Match is being played at 22:15 GMT at the Estadio Urbano Caldeira
- Santos have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches across all competitions
- I am backing this tightly fought encounter to end level after 90 minutes
- Match preview, predictions and latest team news
Santos held on for a 0-0 draw against Boca Juniors in the 1st leg of the Copa Libertadores semi-final (Getty images)
Santos vs Boca Juniors Predictions
This should be a low scoring affair between two very evenly matched teams. Both teams will approach this clash with caution so I expect it to end level after 90 minutes.
- Santos have drawn 2 of their last 3 matches (all competitions).
- Santos have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Boca Juniors have drawn their last 3 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Boca Juniors and Santos are level at 2-2 in their five previous matches. They drew 0-0 in their last match which was the 1st leg of this tie.
Santos come into this second leg fixture knowing that they need a win, but will need to guard against conceding an away goal.
They qualified for the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores by beating Gremio in the quarters.
Santos are unbeaten in their last three matches in all competitions. After beating Gremio 4-1 in the Copa Libertadores, they suffered a 1-0 loss at Vasco da Gama.
They then drew 1-1 against Ceara at home before a 0-0 draw against Boca Juniors in the first leg of the Copa Libertadores semi-final.
Santos managed to build some confidence ahead of the second leg with a 1-0 win at Sao Paulo in their last match. Jobson Santos scored the winner just after the half time break.
Santos Injuries & Team News
Santos have avoided any major injury scares in the lead up to the second leg. Lucas Braga was the only player to start both against Boca Juniors and at the weekend.
The hosts are expected to start with a very similar side to the first leg after resting so many players.
Boca Juniors Form
Boca Juniors reached the semi-final of the Copa Libertadores after beating Racing Club over two legs. They go into the second leg of their semi-final against Santos with the tie evenly balanced.
Boca have drawn their last three matches and are unbeaten in their last six. Since beating Racing Club in the Copa Libertadores quarter-final, Boca Juniors have beaten Huracan 3-0, drawn 2-2 with River Plate and 0-0 against Santos. All those were home matches.
In their last match, Boca Juniors could once again only get a point in a 2-2 draw at Argentinos Juniors. Mauro Zarate and Ramos Avila were the goal scorers on the day.
Boca Juniors Injuries & Team News
Boca Juniors should go into this match with the same lineup that faced Santos in the first leg. There are no injury concerns to the first team.
At the weekend Boca Juniors rested close to the entire team that faced Santos. Only Eduardo Salvio started both matches.
Santos vs Boca Juniors FAQ
What is the Santos vs Boca Juniors best bet?
The best bet for this match is for it to end in a draw.
Where can I watch the Santos vs Boca Juniors live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Santos vs Boca Juniors live stream.
These two very evenly matched sides should produce another very tight encounter. I'm backing it to end level with a 1-1 scoreline sending Boca Juniors through on away goals.
Best Bet: Draw Full Time Result @210.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @500.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet