- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
Gremio vs Lanus Predictions & Tips - Gremio to beat Lanus in the Copa Sudamericana
- Gremio vs Lanus predictions for Thursday’s Copa Sudamericana match
- The Group H clash is being played at 11.15pm BST at Arena do Gremio
- Gremio have won their last 7 matches
- I am backing Gremio in the win to nil and handicap markets
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Gremio won their last 3 matches against Lanus (Getty Images)
Gremio vs Lanus Predictions
Gremio are on fire under new manager Tiago Nunes. The Brazilian club are expected to be too strong for Lanus and take control of Group H in the Copa Sudamericana.
- Gremio have won their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Gremio have won their last 5 home matches (Copa Sudamericana).
- Gremio have won to nil in 3 of their last 5 home matches (Copa Sudamericana).
- Gremio won their last 3 matches against Lanus (all competitions).
- Lanus have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 away matches (Liga Profesional Argentina).
- Lanus have lost 3 of their last 4 away matches (Liga Profesional Argentina).
- Lanus have lost 2 of their last 4 matches (Copa Sudamericana).
Head to Head
Gremio are 3-0 against Lanus. They met in the 2017 Copa Libertadores final, Gremio winning 1-0 in Brazil and 2-1 in Argentina.
Gremio won 2-1 in the first group stage match in the Copa Sudamericana this season with Ferreira scoring a late winner.
Gremio have won their last seven matches in all competitions. Tiago Nunes became manager in late April and has won his first six matches in charge.
The Copa Sudamericana and Brazilian Cup winner is having a positive impact on the club.
The Brazilian club have won all three matches in the Copa Sudamericana group stage. They won 2-1 against La Equidad, 2-1 at Lanus and 8-0 against Aragua.
Gremio finished top of the Gaúcho group stage. They won 2-1 at Caxias in the semi-final first leg with Diego Souza scoring both goals and 2-0 at home in the second leg with Matheus Henrique and Ferreira on target.
Gremio Injuries & Team News
35-year-old striker Diego Souza is in great form with 12 goals in his last 12 matches.
Lanus are in poor form after losing five of their last eight matches in all competitions.
The Argentina club won 1-0 at Aragua in their opening Copa Sudamericana group game thanks to a 90th minute goal to Jose Lopez. They then lost 2-1 at home against Gremio before a 1-0 win at La Equidad.
Luis Zubeldía’s side returned to the Primera División with a 1-0 home win against Talleres de Córdoba. It wasn’t enough to reach the quarter-finals as they finished 5th in the group.
Lanus Injuries & Team News
Lanus have no reported players injured for the trip to Brazil.
Gremio are in sensational form and backed to beat Lanus again in the Copa Sudamericana. Expect the Brazilian club to have too much firepower for their Argentine neighbours.
Best Bet: Gremio Win Full Time Result @-200.00 at Unibet - 6 Units
Value Bet: Gremio Win To Nil @140.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Value Bet: Gremio -1 Handicap @130.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Gremio Win 2-0 Correct Score @700.00 at 888sport - 1 Unit