- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
Lanus vs Velez Sarsfield Predictions & Tips - Lanus to advance with home draw
- Lanus vs Velez Sarsfield predictions for Thursday’s Copa Sudamericana match
- Match is being played at 00:30 GMT at the Estadio Ciudad de Lanus
- Velez Sarsfield have won 5 of their last 6 away matches
- I am backing Lanus to get a draw which will see them advance to the final
- Match preview, predictions and latest team news
Lanus and Velez Sarsfield are backed to draw in 2nd leg of Copa Sudamericana semi-final (Getty Images)
Lanus vs Velez Sarsfield Predictions
This should be an entertaining encounter with Velez Sarsfield forced to come out and attack after losing the first leg. Lanus are good at home while Sarsfield have performed better away, so this should be an intriguing encounter which I feel will end level.
- Lanus have won 3 of their last 5 home matches (2 draws) (all competitions).
- Lanus have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches (all competitions).
- Velez Sarsfield have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 away matches (all competitions).
- Velez Sarsfield have won 5 of their last 6 away matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Velez Sarsfield lead 18-14 in their 43 previous matches against Lanus. Their last match saw Lanus win 1-0 away from home at the beginning of January 2021.
Lanus reached the Copa Sudamericana semi-final by beating Independiente in at the quarter-final stage. They are in the pound seat to reach the final after defeating Velez Sarsfield 1-0 away in the first leg of the semi final.
Before Lanus’ 1-0 away victory in the Copa Sudamericanca semi-final first leg, they drew 1-1 at Patronanto. That followed a 2-0 away defeat against Union.
In their last match Lanus won 2-0 at home against Rosario Central. Two first half goals by Franco Orozco and Jose Lopez was enough to secure the three points.
Lanus Injuries & Team News
Lanus rested their entire first choice team at the weekend against Rosario Central.
Jose Lopez will hope to have made enough of an impression with his goal at the weekend to push for a start. Lanus are, however, likely to go with the same lineup that beat Velez Sarsfield in the first leg.
Velez Sarsfield Form
Velez Sarsfield got through to the semi-final of the Copa Sudamericana with two leg win over Universidad Catolica. They are, however, up against it after losing 1-0 at home to Lanus in the first leg of the semi-final.
Sarsfield have won their last two league matches which were split by the first leg defeat. Miguel Brizuela gave them a 1-0 win at Newell’s Old Boys prior to the home defeat to Lanus in the Copa Sudamericana.
Over this past weekend, Velez Sarsfield pulled off a dramatic 3-2 home win over Godoy Cruz. Juan Lucero and Hernan de la Fuente scored first half goals to put Sarsfield 2-1 up at the break.
Godoy Cruz leveled matters but Agustin Mulet scored the winner with 25 minutes to play. There was a red card for each side as well with Cristan Tarragona being sent off for Velez Sarsfield.
Velez Sarsfield Injuries & Team News
Velez Sarsfield rested their entire team at the weekend in order to be fresh for this encounter.
Cristian Tarragona came off the bench against Godoy Cruz and saw red. He should however start as the suspension doesn’t carry over to continental football.
Lanus vs Velez Sarsfield FAQ
What is the Lanus vs Velez Sarsfield best bet?
The best bet for this match is for it to end in a draw and Lanus to advance to the final.
Where can I watch the Lanus vs Velez Sarsfield live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Lanus vs Velez Sarsfield live stream.
Velez Sarsfield need to chase the game which could lead to some openings at the back. I'm leaning towards a draw in this one given Sarsfield's superb away from in recent matches.
Best Bet: Draw Full Time Result @220.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Correct Score Tip: Draw 1-1 Correct Score @500.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet