- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
Millwall vs Portsmouth Predictions & Tips - Draw and BTTS in the EFL Cup
- Millwall vs Portsmouth predictions for Tuesday’s EFL Cup match
- The fixture being played at 7:45 pm BST at the Den
- Millwall have drawn 1-1 in their last 2 matches in all competitions
- Can League One Portsmouth take Championship Millwall to penalties at the Den?
- Preview, tips, stats & team news
Millwall have seen BTTS in 4 of their last 6 matches (Getty Images)
Millwall vs Portsmouth Predictions
Millwall have been in patchy form during the early stages of the season. Portsmouth look hard to beat after a good start to their League One campaign. I am backing a draw and BTTS at the Den.
- Millwall vs Portsmouth Predictions
- Millwall Form
- Millwall Injuries & Team News
- Portsmouth Form
- Portsmouth Injuries & Team News
- Millwall vs Portsmouth Live Stream FAQ
- Millwall have drawn 1-1 in 2 of their last 3 matches (all competitions)
- Millwall have seen BTTS in 4 of their last 6 matches (all competitions)
- Millwall are winless in 7 of their last 10 matches (all competitions)
- Millwall are winless in 16 of their last 20 matches against Portsmouth (all competitions)
- Portsmouth have drawn 2 of their last 3 away matches (all competitions)
- Portsmouth have seen BTTS in 7 of their last 8 away matches (all competitions)
Portsmouth have a 19-16 advantage against Millwall in 60 meetings with 25 draws.
Millwall started their Championship campaign with a 1-1 draw away at QPR on Saturday.
The Lions started brightly and Jed Wallace opened the scoring on 11 minutes. Benik Afobe and George Saville had chances to extend the lead before QPR equalised on 30 minutes. Gary Rowett’s side then struggled to control the match with just 42% possession.
Millwall are now unbeaten in four matches following three pre-season friendlies without a loss. The South London side defeated Motherwell (2-0) and Ipswich (3-0), which came either side of a 1-1 draw with Gillingham.
Rowett’s side have looked more solid early in the new season following a poor end to the 2020/21 campaign. The Lions were winless in five of their last six and conceded 15 goals during this run.
Millwall Injuries & Team News
Defender Jake Cooper is ruled out through injury. Daniel Ballard should retain his place at centre-back in Rowett’s preferred 3-5-2 formation.
New signing George Long (goalkeeper) is set to make his Millwall debut against Portsmouth.
Portsmouth kicked off their 2021/22 League One season with a solid 1-0 win against Fleetwood Town.
The result extended Pompey’s unbeaten run to five matches following a positive pre-season. Danny Cowley’s side beat Peterborough 2-0 in their final friendly, which came before draws against Luton (1-1) and Bristol City (3-3).
Portsmouth were on the back foot against Fleetwood with two shots on target and 44% possession.
Cowley’s side showed quality on the counter-attack as Ronan Curtis hit the post in the first half. Pompey continued to soak up the pressure before Lee Brown netted the winner on 60 minutes.
It was just the fifth clean sheet for Portsmouth in 18 matches since Cowley took charge at Fratton Park in March 2021. After four wins in his first four matches, Pompey ended last season with two wins in their last eight and narrowly missed out on the playoffs.
Portsmouth Injuries & Team News
Defender Paul Downing is ruled out with a hamstring injury.
New signings Liam Vincent (full back) and Jayden Reid (forward) are unavailable due to injury.
Danny Cowley is likely to stick with his 4-2-3-1 formation against Millwall with new striker Gassan Ahadme likely to make his debut.
Goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu should return to the starting XI after missing out against Fleetwood.
Millwall vs Portsmouth Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the Millwall vs Portsmouth live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the Millwall vs Portsmouth live stream.
Millwall’s form isn’t convincing but they should have enough quality to hold Portsmouth. Both teams have scored regularly so I am tipping BTTS and a draw.
Best Bet: BTTS Yes BTTS @-128.21 at Unibet - 4 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @260.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @550.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit