- Friday 14
- Saturday 15
- Sunday 16
- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
Aston Villa vs Man City Predictions & Tips - Wounded City tipped to cover handicap
- Aston Villa vs Man City predictions for Wednesday's Premier League match
- The match is being played at Villa Park (8.15pm BST)
- Man City have won their last 6 matches against Aston Villa
- City have won their last 16 away matches, covering a -1 handicap in 13 of them
- Match preview, predictions and latest team news
Man City are tipped to cover a -1 handicap (Getty Images)
Aston Villa vs Man City Predictions
I'm expecting a City reaction to their FA Cup exit and a victory to move a step closer to regaining the Premier League title. Pep Guardiola's side are tipped to win to nil and to cover a -1 handicap at Villa Park.
- Aston Villa have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 home matches (Premier League).
- Aston Villa have lost their last 6 matches against Man City (all competitions).
- Aston Villa have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 matches against Man City (all competitions).
- Man City have scored 2+ goals in their last 6 matches against Aston Villa (all competitions).
- Man City have won 28 of their last 31 matches (all competitions).
- Man City have won their last 16 away matches not played on neutral ground (all competitions).
- Man City have covered a -1 handicap in 13 of their last 17 away matches (all competitions).
- Man City have scored 2+ in 7 of their last 8 away matches (Premier League).
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 away matches (Premier League).
Head to Head
Manchester City hold a 76-57 head to head advantage over Aston Villa, with 41 draws between the two sides.
Manchester City have won the last six meetings, including a 2-1 League Cup Final victory last season and a 2-0 win in the reserve fixture this season in January.
Bernardo Silva broke Villa's resistance in the 78th minute at the Etihad Stadium and Ilkay Gundogan slotted home a 90th minute penalty.
Aston Villa Form
Aston Villa's mixed bag of form continued when they conceded a late winner as Liverpool won 2-1 at Anfield last time out.
Villa led through Ollie Watkins' goal and were set for point after Mo Salah equalised. But Trent Alexander-Arnold fired home a 91st minute winner.
It was a third defeat in the last six games for Dean Smith's side, who have also drawn twice and won once in that time.
The single win came against relegation threatened Fulham, who they beat 3-1 in the last home game.
Aston Villa Team News
Trezeguet suffered a season-ending knee injury against Liverpool and joins Jack Grealish and long-term abseentee Wesley on the sidelines.
Defender Kortney Hause made his return to the Villa squad among the substitutes at Anfield. Midfielder Morgan Sansom could be back available to face City.
Man City Form
Manchester City saw their quadruple hopes ended by a 1-0 loss to Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley on Saturday.
It was a below-par performance from a much-changed City as Hakim Ziyech's 54th minute goal proved to be the difference between the sides.
City lost 2-1 at home to 10-man Leeds when last in Premier League action. Stuart Dallas scored either side of Fernan Torres' goal, including a 91st minute winner for Leeds.
The defeat saw Pep Guardiola's side's lead at the top of the Premier League cut to eight points.
Sandwiched in between those two losses was a 2-1 win over Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League. City came from a goal down to win thanks to strikes from Riyad Mahrez and Phil Foden to book a semi-final spot.
Man City Team News
Pep Guardiola made a number of changes for the FA Cup semi-final, but expect City to field a stronger team at Villa Park.
Goalkeeper Ederson will return, while John Stones, Phil Foden, Bernardo Silva and Riyad Mahrez are all expected to start.
Kevin De Bruyne was forced off injured at Wembley and is doubtful, with Sergio Aguero the only confirmed absentee.
Man City are a wounded animal after Saturday's FA Cup semi-final and Villa could be on the receiving end. City are tipped to cover a -1 handicap, something they have done 13 times in a long winning run on the road, and win to nil on Wednesday.
Best Bet: Man City -1 Handicap @104.00 at Unibet - 2 Units
Value Bet: Man City To Win To Nil @125.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: Man City Win 2-0 Correct Score @650.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit