- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
Newcastle vs Sheffield United Predictions & Tips - Newcastle backed to beat the Blades
- Newcastle vs Sheffield United predictions for Wednesday’s Premier League match
- The game is being played at 6pm BST at St. James' Park
- Sheffield United have lost 8 of their last 10 matches
- I am backing Newcastle to win
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Newcastle have won 5 of their last 6 matches against Sheffield United (Getty Images)
Newcastle vs Sheffield United Predictions
Newcastle should be too good for Sheffield United. The Blades have been the worst team in the Premier League all season long.
- Newcastle have won 3 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Newcastle have won 5 of their last 6 matches against Sheffield United (all competitions).
- Sheffield United have lost 8 of their last 10 matches (all competitions).
- Sheffield United have lost 19 of their last 23 away matches (Premier League).
- Sheffield United have lost to nil in 6 of their last 8 away matches (Premier League).
Head to Head
Sheffield United have a 50-48 advantage against Newcastle with 29 draws in 127 matches.
Newcastle have won five of the last six encounters.
Newcastle could finish as high as 12th with two games remaining in the Premier League. They have won three of their last six matches to guarantee safety.
Steve Bruce’s side beat Burnley and West Ham before a 1-1 draw at Liverpool. They lost 2-0 at home against Arsenal before a 4-2 win at Leicester where they went 4-0 up.
The Magpies lost 4-3 at home against Manchester City last time out. Emil Krafth opened the scoring before goals to Joelinton and Joseph Willock established a 3-2 lead, but they couldn’t hold on against the champions.
Newcastle Injuries & Team News
Central defence is an issue for Newcastle with Jamaal Lascelles injured and Fabian Schär suspended.
Goalkeeper Karl Darlow, midfielders Isaac Hayden, Ryan Fraser and striker Callum Wilson are injured.
Sheffield United Form
Sheffield United have been rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table all season. They have lost 28 of their 36 matches and only scored 19 goals.
Paul Heckingbottom’s side have lost eight of their last 10 matches in all competitions. They lost six straight before a 1-0 home win against Brighton where they had 31% possession.
The Blades the lost 4-0 at Tottenham and 2-0 at home against Crystal Palace. They failed to register a shot on target on 0.64 expected goals.
Sheffield United finally got an away win after beating Everton 1-0 at Goodison Park on Sunday. 17-year-old Daniel Jebbison got his first start of the season and scored the winning goal.
Sheffield United Injuries & Team News
Sheffield United are missing injured centre backs Jack O'Connell and Ethan Ampadu.
Forwards Billy Sharp, Oliver McBurnie and Oliver Burke are all injured.
Midfielder Sander Berge could be an option off the bench.