- Friday 14
- Saturday 15
- Sunday 16
- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
Borussia Dortmund vs Holstein Kiel Predictions & Tips - Haaland to Hammer Holstein Kiel in the DFB-Pokal
- Borussia Dortmund vs Holstein Kiel predictions for Saturday’s DFB-Pokal match
- The semi-final is being played at 7.30pm BST at Signal-Iduna-Park
- Erling Haaland has scored 4 goals in his last 3 matches
- I am backing Haaland to score and Dortmund to cover the -1 handicap
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Erling Haaland has scored 4 goals in his last 3 matches (Getty Images)
Borussia Dortmund vs Holstein Kiel Predictions
Borussia Dortmund are in top form at the right time of the season. Erling Haaland is expected to fire them to the DFB-Pokal final against an inferior Holstein Kiel side.
- Borussia Dortmund have won their last 4 matches (Bundesliga).
- Borussia Dortmund have won by 2+ goals in their last 3 matches (Bundesliga).
- Borussia Dortmund have won to nil in their last 2 matches (Bundesliga).
- Borussia Dortmund have won by 2+ goals in 6 of their last 9 home matches (Bundesliga).
- Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland has scored 4 goals in his last 3 matches (Bundesliga).
- Borussia Dortmund won 4-0 in their last match against Holstein Kiel (DFB-Pokal).
- Holstein Kiel have lost 3 of their last 6 away matches (2 Bundesliga).
Head to Head
These clubs have met once in the 2012 DFB-Pokal quarter-finals.
Borussia Dortmund won 4-0 in Kiel with Robert Lewandowski, Shinji Kagawa, Lucas Barrios and Ivan Perisic on the score sheet.
Borussia Dortmund Form
Borussia Dortmund have won their last four Bundesliga matches to get back into top four contention.
Edin Terzic’s side won 4-1 at home against Werder Bremen before a 2-0 home win against Union Berlin.
Dortmund’s last match was a crucial 2-0 win at Wolfsburg. Erling Haaland opened the scoring in the 12th minute and scored again in the 68th minute after Jude Bellingham had been sent off.
Borussia Dortmund Injuries & Team News
Left back Marcel Schmelzer and centre back Dan-Axel Zagadou are injured alongside midfielder Axel Witsel and striker Youssoufa Moukoko.
Midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud is suspended which could see Julia Brandt or Thomas Delaney start.
Holstein Kiel Form
Holstein Kiel have been having a solid season and are in contention for promotion from the 2 Bundesliga. The Storks have played their last five matches on the road with one win, two draws and two defeats.
Ole Werner’s side lost 2-1 at Bochum and 1-0 at Heidenheim before a 3-1 win at Osnabruck. They were 3-0 up at half time through an own goal and strikes to Janni Serra and Fin Bartels.
Holstein Kiel’s last match was a 1-1 draw at Nurnberg. Janni Serra equalised in the second half to make it 9 goals for the season.
Holstein Kiel Injuries & Team News
Goalkeeper Ioannis Gelios is doubtful after testing positive for corona virus.
Centre back Stefan Thesker is injured.
Borussia Dortmund have hit form at the right time. They should be too good for Holstein Kiel with Erling Haaland playing a key role.
Best Bet: Borussia Dortmund -1 Handicap @-163.93 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Erling Haaland 2+ Goals @180.00 at Unibet - 2 Units
Value Bet: Erling Haaland First Goalscorer @180.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit