- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
England vs Romania Predictions & Tips - England Can Cover Handicap
- England vs Romania predictions for Sunday’s International match
- The friendly is being played at 5:00 pm BST at the Riverside Stadium
- England have covered a -1 handicap in 8 of their last 12 home matches
- I am tipping an England to cover the -1 handicap and win to nil
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
England have won to nil in 4 of their last 5 home matches (Getty Images)
England vs Romania Predictions
England are in excellent form, particularly at home. Romania have seen some poor results recently and they are struggling for form.
I am backing an England to win to nil and cover the -1-handicap.
- England have won 14 of their last 15 home matches (all competitions)
- England have scored 2+ goals in 7 of their last 10 matches (all competitions)
- England have won to nil in 4 of their last 5 home matches (all competitions)
- England have covered a -1 handicap in 3 of their last 5 home matches (all competitions)
- Romania have lost their last 3 matches (all competitions)
- Romania have failed to keep a clean sheet in 14 of their last 15 matches (all competitions)
- Romania have conceded 2+ goals in 5 of their last 7 matches (all competitions)
Romania have a 3-2 advantage against England in 11 meetings with six draws.
England extended their winning run to five matches in all competitions with a 1-0 win against Austria on Wednesday.
The Three Lions created several good chances in the first half with Harry Kane and Trent Alexander-Arnold going close. Bukayo Saka scored the winner in the second half before Austria responded, hitting the crossbar and missing good chances late on.
Gareth Southgate’s side have won their last five matches at home. The Three Lions have conceded one goal in this run, in a 2-1 win against Polan in March.
England Injuries & Team News
Full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold is ruled out after being subbed off with a thigh injury against Austria.
Defender Harry Maguire is also unlikely to feature due to an ankle injury.
Striker Mason Greenwood withdrew from the squad due to injury.
Romania lost 2-1 at home against Georgia on Wednesday, extending their losing streak to three consecutive matches.
Florin Tanase was sent off late in the first half and Georgia took advantage. They scored two quick-fire goals in the second half before Andrei Ivan pulled a consolation goal back for Romania with 10 minutes remaining.
The loss followed two straight defeats in the World Cup qualifiers. Romania were beaten 3-2 by Armenia and 1-0 by Germany in March’s international fixtures.
Romania Injuries & Team News
Striker Florin Tanase is suspended following his red card against Georgia.
England vs Romania Live Stream FAQ
Where can I watch the England vs Romania live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch the England vs Romania live stream.
England should record a comfortable victory against a Romania side low on confidence. I am backing an England to win to nil and cover the -1 handicap at the Riverside.
Best Bet: England -1 Handicap @-120.48 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: England Win to Nil @-105.26 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: England Win 2-0 Correct Score @550.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit