- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Netherlands vs Scotland Predictions & Tips - Netherlands to outclass Scotland
- Netherlands vs Scotland predictions for Wednesday’s international friendly
- The match is being played at 7.45pm BST at Estádio do Algarve
- Scotland have failed to score in 6 of their last 7 matches against Netherlands
- I am backing Netherlands to win in Portugal
- Preview, predictions, stats, squads & team news
Netherlands have won their last 4 matches against Scotland (Getty Images)
Netherlands vs Scotland Predictions
Netherlands should have too many weapons up front to trouble Scotland. I am backing the Dutch to control the game and get the win.
- Netherlands have won 4 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Netherlands have won by 2+ goals in their last 2 matches (World Cup qualifiers).
- Netherlands have won to nil in their last 2 matches (World Cup qualifiers).
- Netherlands have won to nil in their last 4 matches against Scotland (all competitions).
- Scotland have failed to score in 6 of their last 7 matches against Netherlands (all competitions).
- Scotland have lost to nil in their last 2 matches (UEFA Nations League).
Head to Head
Netherlands have a 9-5 advantage against Scotland with 4 draws in 18 matches.
They last met in a friendly in 2017 with Netherlands winning 1-0 in Aberdeen.
Netherlands have won four of their last five matches in all competitions. They finished their UEFA Nations League campaign with two wins to finish one point behind Italy in Group 1, League A.
Frank de Boer’s side lost their opening World Cup qualifier in March. Oranje lost 4-2 in Turkey after going 3-0 down, goals to Davy Klaassen and Luuk de Jong getting them back in the game before conceding from a free kick.
Netherlands got back on track with two wins against mediocre opposition. They won 2-0 against Latvia and 7-0 against Gibraltar with Steven Berghuis, Luuk de Jong, Memphis Depay (2), Georginio Wijnaldum, Donyell Malen and Donny van de Beek on target.
Netherlands Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Maarten Stekelenburg, Tim Krul
Defenders: Daley Blind, Stefan de Vrij, Joël Veltman, Matthijs de Ligt, Nathan Aké, Denzel Dumfries, Patrick van Aanholt, Owen Wijndal, Jurriën Timber
Midfielders: Georginio Wijnaldum (Vice-captain), Frenkie de Jong, Davy Klaassen, Marten de Roon, Donny van de Beek, Ryan Gravenberch, Teun Koopmeiners
Forwards: Memphis Depay, Quincy Promes, Luuk de Jong, Steven Berghuis, Donyell Malen, Wout Weghorst, Cody Gakpo
Defender Jurriën Timber and striker Cody Gakpo have been called up for the first time and could make their international debuts.
Wout Weghorst earns a call up after a great season at Wolfsburg.
Scotland had a great chance to win Group 2 in League B of the UEFA Nations League. They lost their final two games, 1-0 in Slovakia and1-0 in Israel to finish two points behind Czech Republic.
Steve Clarke’s side drew their opening two World Cup qualifiers. They drew 2-2 against Austria thanks to a late John McGinn goal and 1-1 in Israel.
Scotland’s last match was a 4-0 home win against Faroe Islands. McGinn scored the first two goals with Che Adams and Ryan Fraser wrapping it up.
Scotland Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: David Marshall, Craig Gordon, Jon McLaughlin
Defenders: Stephen O'Donnell, Andrew Robertson (captain), Grant Hanley, Kieran Tierney, Greg Taylor, Declan Gallagher, Liam Cooper, Nathan Patterson, Jack Hendry, Scott McKenna
Midfielders: Scott McTominay, John McGinn, Callum McGregor, John Fleck, Stuart Armstrong, David Turnbull, Billy Gilmour
Forwards: Lyndon Dykes, Ché Adams, Ryan Christie, Kevin Nisbet, Ryan Fraser, James Forrest
Defender Nathan Patterson has been called up for the first time and could make his international debut alongside midfielders David Turnbull and Billy Gilmour.
John McGinn has scored 10 goals in 32 appearances for Scotland.