- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
- Friday 1
- Saturday 2
Portugal vs Israel Predictions & Tips - Portugal to win to nil in Lisbon
- Portugal vs Israel predictions for Wednesday’s international friendly
- The match is being played at 7.45pm BST at Estádio José Alvalade
- Portugal have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 9 home matches
- I am backing Portugal to win to nil in Lisbon
- Preview, stats, squads & team news
Portugal have won 3 of their last 4 home matches against Israel (Getty Images)
Portugal vs Israel Predictions
Portugal have kept plenty of clean sheets at home in recent matches. That should be the case against Israel with Portugal set to win to nil.
- Portugal have won 8 of their last 10 home matches (all competitions).
- Portugal have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 9 home matches (all competitions).
- Portugal have won 3 of their last 4 home matches against Israel (all competitions).
- Israel have lost 7 of their last 11 friendly matches.
- Israel have lost 10 of their last 14 away matches (friendlies).
- Israel have failed to score in 4 of their last 7 away matches (friendlies).
Head to Head
Portugal have a 3-1 advantage against Israel with 2 draws in 6 matches.
Portugal have won three of their last five matches.
Fernando Santos’ side started their World Cup qualification campaign with a 1-0 win against Azerbaijan.
Portugal drew 2-2 in Serbia after establishing a 2-0 lead. They won 3-1 in Luxembourg, overturning a 1-0 deficit with Diogo Jota, Cristiano Ronaldo and João Palhinha on target.
Portugal’s last match was a 0-0 draw against Spain in an international friendly.
Portugal Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: Rui Patrício, Anthony Lopes, Rui Silva
Defenders: Nélson Semedo, Pepe, Rúben Dias, Raphaël Guerreiro, José Fonte, João Cancelo, Nuno Mendes
Midfielders: João Moutinho, Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, Danilo Pereira, William Carvalho, Rafa Silva, Renato Sanches, Rúben Neves, Pedro Gonçalves, Sérgio Oliveira, João Palhinha
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (captain), André Silva, Gonçalo Guedes, Diogo Jota
Portugal goalkeeper Rui Patrício is closing in on 100 caps, Pepe earning 114 and João Moutinho 130 caps.
Captain Cristiano Ronaldo has 174 caps and 103 goals to his name. He is close to being the top international goalscorer of all time.
Israel started the World Cup qualifiers with a 2-0 home defeat to Denmark.
Willi Ruttensteiner’s side then drew 1-1 against Scotland before a 4-1 win in Moldova. They trailed 1-0 but hit back with goals to Eran Zahavi, Manor Solomon,
Munas Dabbur and Bibras Natcho, playing against 10 men for the final 40 minutes.
Israel’s last match was a 3-1 win against Montenegro in an international friendly. Goals to Eran Zahavi and Manor Solomon established a 2-0 lead and Gadi Kinda wrapped it up in added time.
Israel Squad & Team News
Goalkeepers: Ofir Marciano, Boris Klaiman, Itamar Nitzan
Defenders: Eitan Tibi (vice-captain), Eli Dasa, Orel Dgani, Ofir Davidzada, Sun Menahem, Joel Abu Hanna, Ofri Arad, Uri Dahan, Matan Baltaxa, Or Blorian
Midfielders: Bibras Natkho (captain), Manor Solomon, Neta Lavi, Mohammad Abu Fani, Gadi Kinda, Aviel Zargari
Forwards: Eran Zahavi, Yonas Malede, Liel Abada, Osama Khalaila
Midfielder Nir Bitton is injured and striker Mu'nas Dabbur is suspended
PSV striker Eran Zahavi carries much of the goal threat after scoring 26 goals in 63 internationals.