- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
Atalanta vs Cagliari Predictions & Tips - Atalanta to pile on the goals
- Atalanta vs Cagliari predictions for Thursday’s match
- Match is being played at 8.15pm GMT at the Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
- Atalanta have won by 3+ goals in their last 3 matches
- I’m backing Atalanta to win
- Full match preview and predictions
Atalanta have returned to their goalscoring best. (/Getty Images)
Atalanta vs Cagliari Predictions
Atalanta have put a slow start to the season behind them and have since been reinvigorated. They are scoring plenty of goals and winning b big margins, I am backing them to beat Cagliari with ease.
- Atalanta have won by 3+ goals in their last 3 matches (Serie A).
- Atalanta have won by 3+ goals in their last 4 home matches (Serie A).
- Atalanta have seen over 3.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches (Serie A).
- Cagliari have lost their last 4 matches (Serie A).
Head to Head
These two sides have met 60 times with Atalanta holding a 25-23 record, with 12 draws played.
It was a high scoring affair the last time these two sides met. Atalanta ran away 5-2 victors in a dominant display which saw them have five individual goalscorers.
Atalanta have rectified a slow start to the season – returning to the type of high-scoring football which won them plenty of admirers last season.
They have seen over 3.5 goals in four of their last five and have won their last three matches convincingly.
After making a strong statement in a 5-1 win over Sassuolo, Atalanta made light work of Parma in a 3-0 win at home.
Their most recent match saw them defeat newly promoted Benevento 4-1 away from home. Both sides went in at 1-1 at the break with Josip Ilicic scoring for Atalanta, before the Nerazzurri piled on three second half goals to seal the win.
Defender Raphael Toloi, Duvan Zapata and Luis Muriel all found themselves on the scoresheet as Atalanta returned back to their best.
Atalanta Injuries & Team News
Atalanta’s only notable injury is midfielder Mario Pasalic who is still recovering after undergoing surgery to fix an on-going sports hernia.
Cagliari’s last month has been anything but inspiring.
They head into this cup-tie following four consecutive Serie A defeats which has them flirting with the relegation zone.
Three of those losses have been high-scoring defeats with two of these matches seeing over 3.5 goals. This included a 3-2 loss to Roma and a 4-1 defeat at home to Napoli, before going down 2-1 to Benevento despite scoring first.
Their most recent match ended in a 1-0 defeat away to Fiorentina. Cagliari had a golden chance to break the deadlock in the 37th minute. Despite striker Joao Pedro striking it well, he could not get past Fiorentina goalkeeper Bartłomiej Drągowski.
Cagliari Injuries & Team News
Midfielder Adam Ounas and Diego Godin returned to the side in Cagliari’s last match after recovering from respective injuries.
Cagliari will still be without midfielder Paolo Faragò who is still nursing a quad injury, while Ragnar Klavan is also likely miss after recently recovering from coronavirus.
Atalanta vs Cagliari Tip
What is the Atalanta vs Cagliari best bet?
Atalanta have won their last three and have seen over 3.5 goals in four of their last five. The best bet is for Atalanta to win/over 3.5 goals.
Where can I watch the Atalanta vs Cagliari live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Atalanta vs Cagliari live stream.
Atalanta have returned to their damaging best in front of goal. I’m tipping them to win and for this match to see over 3.5 goals.
Best Bet: Atalanta & Over 3.5 Full Time Result & Total Goals @125.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Atalanta -2 Handicap @160.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 3 Units
Top Betting Sites
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet