- Sunday 1
- Monday 2
- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
- Wednesday 11
Venezia vs Cittadella Predictions & Tips - Venezia to keep it tight in the second leg
- Venezia vs Cittadella predictions for Thursday’s Serie B Promotion Playoffs
- The second leg is being played at 8.30pm BST at Stadio Pierluigi Penzo
- Cittadella have seen under 2.5 goals in 18 of their last 21 matches
- I am backing under 2.5 goals in Venezia
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Venezia have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 6 matches (Serie B)
Venezia vs Cittadella Predictions
Venezia have a 1-0 lead against Cittadella in the Serie B playoffs final. That should lead to an tight game with under 2.5 goals the best bet.
- Venezia are undefeated in 10 of their last 11 matches (Serie B).
- Venezia have drawn 5 of their last 7 matches (Serie B).
- Venezia have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 6 matches (Serie B).
- Venezia are undefeated in 6 of their last 7 home matches against Cittadella (all competitions).
- Venezia have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against Cittadella (all competitions).
- Cittadella are undefeated in 8 of their last 11 matches (Serie B).
- Cittadella have seen under 2.5 goals in 18 of their last 21 matches (Serie B).
Head to Head
Cittadella have a 6-4 advantage against Venezia with 5 draws in 15 matches.
Venezia finished fifth in Serie B after a solid season. They drew their last three matches in the regular season.
Paolo Zanetti’s side took on Chievo in the promotion play-offs qualifying round. It was 1-1 after 90 minutes and they went 2-1 down in extra time, fighting back to win 3-2 thanks to late goals to Youssef Maleh and Dennis Johnsen.
Venezia took on Lecce in the semi-finals. Francesco Forte scored in a 1-0 win at home before a 1-1 draw in Lecce after Mattia Aramu’s penalty put them in front.
Venezia won 1-0 at Cittadella in the play-off final first leg. Francesco Di Mariano scored the winner just after half time.
Venezia Injuries & Team News
Goalkeeper Luca Lezzerini, defensive midfielder Antonio Junior Vacca and attacking midfielder Lauri Ala-Myllymäki are injured.
Cittadella finished sixth in Serie B, scraping into the playoffs after picking up one point in their final two games.
Roberto Venturato’s side won 1-0 against Brescia in the playoff first round. Federico Proia scored the winner in the first half.
Cittadella won 3-0 at home against Monza in the playoff semi-final first leg thanks to a Enrico Baldini hat-trick. They lost 2-0 in the second leg where they held on under heavy pressure.
Cittadella lost 1-0 at home against Venezia in the play-off final first leg. It was a close game with 10-10 shots but they couldn’t convert.
Cittadella Injuries & Team News
Cittadella right back Tommaso Cassandro is injured.
Venezia and Cittadella were didn’t create many clear cut chances in the first leg. I think this will be a cagey match with under 2.5 goals the best bet.
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @-151.52 at Unibet - 3 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @210.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @500.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit