- Sunday 9
- Monday 10
- Tuesday 11
- Wednesday 12
- Thursday 13
- Friday 14
- Saturday 15
- Sunday 16
- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
Monaco vs Lyon Predictions & Tips - Monaco to end Lyon’s Ligue 1 title hopes
- Monaco vs Lyon predictions for Sunday’s Ligue 1 match
- The game is being played at 8pm BST at Stade Louis-II
- Monaco have kept 11 clean sheets in their last 12 matches
- I am backing Monaco to win and Wissam Ben Yedder to score
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Wissam Ben Yedder has scored 6 goals in his last 6 matches (Getty Images)
Monaco vs Lyon Predictions
Monaco’s defence has been rock solid and they are scoring plenty of goals. Wissam Ben Yedder is backed to fire Monaco to victory against Lyon in Ligue 1.
- Monaco are have won their last 5 matches (Ligue 1).
- Monaco have kept 11 clean sheets in their last 12 matches (all competitions).
- Monaco have won 17 of their last 21 matches (all competitions).
- Monaco’s Wissam Ben Yedder has scored 6 goals in his last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Monaco have won 2 of their last 3 home matches against Lyon (Ligue 1).
- Lyon have lost their last 2 matches (all competitions).
- Lyon have failed to keep a clean sheet in 8 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Lyon have conceded 2+ goals in 4 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Lyon have a 28-27 advantage against Monaco with 17 draws in 72 matches.
They met in the Coupe de France quarter-finals on 21 April, Monaco winning 2-0 in Lyon.
Monaco have won their last five matches in Ligue 1. They sit two points behind Lille and one point behind PSG and are in the race for the title.
Niko Kovac’s side are extremely strong defensively, keeping 11 clean sheets in their last 12 matches in all competitions.
Monaco won 3-0 against Dijon and Bordeaux in Ligue 1 before taking on Lyon in the Coupe de France quarter-finals. They won 2-0 in Lyon, playing against 10 men for the final 40 minutes with Wissam Ben Yedder and Kevin Volland on target.
Monaco returned to Ligue 1 with a 1-0 win at Angers. Ben Yedder came off the bench to score the winner, his 19th goal of the season.
Monaco Injuries & Team News
Monaco could welcome back youngsters Eliot Matazo, Krépin Diatta and Chrislain Matsima after testing positive for COVID-19 but none are expected to start.
Striker Stevan Jovetic is doubtful after coming off injured against Angers.
Strikers Wissam Ben Yedder and Kevin Volland have combined to score 31 goals in Ligue 1 this season.
Lyon are in poor form having won two of their last eight matches. They recently won back to back matches in Ligue 1 but have lost their last two in all competitions.
Rudi Garcia’s side were knocked out of the Coupe de France in the quarter-finals. Sinaly Diomande was sent off in the 51st minute at home against Monaco as they suffered a 2-0 defeat.
Lyon’s last match was a 3-2 home defeat against Lille. They were 2-0 up a half time through Islam Slimani and an own goal, but couldn’t hold on after having 0.95-1.87 expected goals.
Lyon Team News
Centre back Djamel Benlamri is injured but Sinaly Diomande is available after suspension.
Monaco’s defence is exceptional with Wissam Ben Yedder and Kevin Volland scoring plenty of goals. Lyon are low on confidence and expected to lose again in Ligue 1.
Best Bets: Monaco Win Full Time Result @130.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Best Bets: Wissam Ben Yedder Anytime Goalscorer @162.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 3 Units
First Goalscorer Tip: Wissam Ben Yedder First Goalscorer @400.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit