- Monday 6
- Tuesday 7
- Wednesday 8
- Thursday 9
- Friday 10
- Saturday 11
- Sunday 12
- Monday 13
- Tuesday 14
- Wednesday 15
- Thursday 16
Braga vs Benfica Predictions & Tips - Benfica backed to win Portuguese Cup Final
- Braga vs Benfica predictions for SuThe mday’s Portuguese Cup Final
- The match is being played at 8.30pm BST at Estádio EFAPEL
- Benfica have won 14 of their last 18 matches against Braga
- I am backing Benfica to win and Haris Seferovic to score in Coimbra
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Benfica’s Haris Seferovic has scored 4 goals in his last 2 matches (Getty Images)
Braga vs Benfica Predictions
Braga have done little to impress over the final month of the season. Benfica have hit form at the right time with Haris Seferovic scoring plenty of goals.
I am backing Benfica to win the Portuguese Cup final on Sunday.
- Braga have failed to score in 3 of their last 6 matches (Primeira Liga).
- Benfica have won 14 of their last 18 matches against Braga (all competitions).
- Benfica’s Haris Seferovic has scored 2 goals in his last 2 matches against Braga (Primeira Liga).
- Benfica have won 13 of their last 15 matches (all competitions).
- Benfica have scored 10 goals in their last 3 matches (Primeira Liga).
- Benfica’s Haris Seferovic has scored 4 goals in his last 2 matches (Primeira Liga).
Head to Head
Benfica have a 44-14 advantage against Braga with 14 draws in 72 matches.
Braga had a poor end to the season, winning one of their last six matches. They finished fourth in the Primeira Liga.
Carlos Carvalhal’s side lost 1-0 against Sporting CP and Maritimo before two straight draws. They drew 1-1 against Pacos de Ferreira and 1-1 at Gil Vicente.
Braga bounced back with a 2-1 win against Moreirense. Abel Ruiz opened the scoring before a late João Novais penalty secured all three points.
Braga’s last match was a 0-0 draw at Portimonense. They had 64% possession but could only manage two shots on target.
Braga Injuries & Team News
Braga centre back David Carmo and winger Iuri Medeiros are injured.
Benfica have won 13 of their last 15 matches in all competitions. They finished third in the Primeira Liga, 9 points behind Sporting CP.
The Eagles won their final three league matches, starting with a 3-1 win at Nacional.
Jorge Jesus’ side were the first to beat Sporting CP in the league, winning 4-3 at home. It was a great match with Haris Seferovic bagging a brace, Pizzi with a goal and two assists with Lucas Verissimo on target.
Benfica’s last match was a 3-1 win at Vitoria de Guimaraes. Seferovic was at the double once again with Everton making sure of it in added time.
Benfica Injuries & Team News
Benfica are missing injured defenders André Almeida, Joao Ferreira and midfielder Andreas Samaris.
Winger Rafa will hope to be fit for the Cup final.
Centre back Lucas Verissimo came off injured in Guimaraes with Jan Vertonghen his likely replacement.
Braga had a poor finish to the season with Benfica coming home strong. There is great value on Benfica winning the Portuguese Cup final.
Haris Seferovic has scored four goals in his last two matches and is backed in the goalscoring markets.
Best Bet: Benfica Win Full Time Result $2.04 at Ladbrokes Australia - 5 Units
Value Bet: Haris Seferovic Anytime Goalscorer $2.50 at Neds - 2 Units
First Goalscorer Tip: Haris Seferovic First Goalscorer $5.50 at Bookmaker - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
07 December 2021
08 December 2021
12 December 2021