- Tuesday 3
- Wednesday 4
- Thursday 5
- Friday 6
- Saturday 7
- Sunday 8
- Monday 9
- Tuesday 10
- Wednesday 11
- Thursday 12
- Friday 13
Arouca vs Rio Ave Predictions & Tips - Under 2.5 Goals in the Primeira Liga Play-Offs
- Arouca vs Rio Ave predictions for Wednesday’s Primeira Liga Play-Off
- The match is being played at 9.45pm BST at Estádio Municipal de Arouca
- Rio Ave have seen under 2.5 goals in 12 of their last 15 matches
- I am backing under 2.5 goals and a draw in Portugal
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Rio Ave have drawn 6 of their last 12 matches (Getty Images)
Arouca vs Rio Ave Predictions
Arouca finished the Segunda Division with nine straight wins. Rio Ave had a poor season in the Primeira Liga where they scored just 25 goals.
I am backing under 2.5 goals with Rio Ave happy to leave Arouca with a draw.
- Arouca have won their last 9 matches (Segunda Liga).
- Arouca have won to nil in 6 of their last 9 matches (Segunda Liga).
- Arouca are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 home matches (Segunda Liga).
- Arouca have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches against Rio Ave (all competitions).
- Rio Ave have drawn 6 of their last 12 matches (Primeira Liga).
- Rio Ave have failed to score in 8 of their last 11 matches (Primeira Liga).
- Rio Ave have seen under 2.5 goals in 12 of their last 15 matches (Primeira Liga).
Head to Head
Arouca have a 4-3 advantage against Rio Ave with 2 draws in 9 matches.
They last met in the 2016/17 Primeira Liga season, Rio Ave winning 2-0 and 3-0.
Arouca had a tremendous end to the season. They won their last nine matches to surge into the promotion play-off position.
Armando Evangelista’s side have kept six clean sheets in that run.
Arouca’s last match was a 3-1 home win against Chaves. André Silva opened the scoring with Pité scoring twice after half time.
Arouca Injuries & Team News
Arouca have no reported players injured or suspended.
Rio Ave Form
Rio Ave had a horrible finish to the season. They went on an 11 game run without a win which put them at risk of automatic relegation.
Miguel Cardoso’s side lost three in a row before the last game of the season.
Rio Ave travelled to bottom club Nacional and won 2-1 in Madeira. They were 1-0 down at half time, Aderllan Santos equalising and Carlos Mané scoring the winner in added time.
Rio Ave Injuries & Team News
Right back Junio, defensive midfielder Nikola Jambor and striker André Pereira are injured.
Rio Ave will be well aware about the dangers Arouca can pose and will look to keep this tight. I am backing under 2.5 goals with a draw likely in Portugal.
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @-142.86 at Unibet - 3 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @220.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @600.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit