- Sunday 9
- Monday 10
- Tuesday 11
- Wednesday 12
- Thursday 13
- Friday 14
- Saturday 15
- Sunday 16
- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
Benfica vs Porto Predictions & Tips - Benfica backed to end Porto’s title hopes
- Benfica vs Porto predictions for Thursday’s Primeira Liga match
- The game is being played at 6.30 BST at Estádio da Luz
- Benfica are undefeated in 10 of their last 11 home matches in the Primeira Liga
- I am backing a draw with Porto undefeated in their last 24 Primeira Liga matches
- Preview, predictions & team news
Benfica take on Porto in the Portuguese Primeira Liga on Thursday (Getty Images)
Benfica vs Porto Predictions
Benfica and Porto come into O Classico in very similar form. The Eagles would love nothing better than hurt Porto’s title chances, I am backing them to do just that with a draw in Lisbon.
- Benfica have won 10 of their last 11 matches (all competitions).
- Benfica are undefeated in 10 of their last 11 home matches (Primeira Liga).
- Porto have won 9 of their last 10 matches (all competitions).
- Porto are undefeated in their last 24 matches (Primeira Liga).
Head to Head
Porto have a 97-88 advantage against Benfica with 61 draws in 246 matches.
Benfica have gone five games against Porto without a win.
Benfica have won 10 of their last 11 matches in all competitions. They are into the Portuguese Cup final but are 10 points behind Sporting CP in the Primeira Liga.
The Eagles have won their last three matches, starting with a 5-1 win at Portimonense. Pizzi, Darwin Núñez, Alejandro Grimaldo (2) and Everton were on the score sheet.
Jorge Jesus’ side won 2-1 against Santa Clara before a 2-0 win at Tondela on Friday. Pizzi opened the scoring before assisting Everton in the 19th minute.
Benfica Injuries & Team News
Benfica are missing injured defenders André Almeida and Joao Ferreira.
Midfielders Andreas Samaris and Adel Taarabt are also out.
Centre back Nicolás Otamendi is available after suspension.
Porto haven’t lost in the Primeira Liga since October, a run of 24 straight matches. They have won eight of their last nine in the top flight and sit six points behind Sporting CP.
Sérgio Conceição’s side won four straight matches to nil in all competitions before a 1-1 draw at Moreirense. They dominated the game but needed an 86th minute Mehdi Taremi penalty to earn a point.
Porto’s last match was a 3-2 home win against Famalicao. Toni Martínez, Mehdi Taremi and Marko Grujic were on target in a close match.
Porto Injuries & Team News
Porto centre back Iván Marcano remains injured but Pepe is available after suspension.
Benfica and Porto are evenly matched and come into O Classico in similar form. Everything points to a draw here which will effectively end Porto’s title aspirations.
Best Bet: Draw Full Time Result @240.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @550.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit