- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
- Tuesday 25
- Wednesday 26
- Thursday 27
- Friday 28
- Saturday 29
Rio Ave vs Sporting CP Predictions & Tips - Sporting CP to win again in Portugal
- Rio Ave vs Sporting CP predictions for Wednesday’s Primeira Liga match
- The game is being played at 9.15pm BST at Estádio dos Arcos
- Sporting CP have won 12 of their last 15 away matches
- I am backing Sporting CP to win to nil in Portugal
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Sporting CP have won 12 of their last 15 away matches (Getty Images)
Rio Ave vs Sporting CP Predictions
Sporting CP are title favourites and Rio Ave are battling relegation. This should be another comfortable win for the Lions as they get closer to the Primeira Liga title.
- Rio Ave have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 home matches (Primeira Liga).
- Rio Ave have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 matches (Primeira Liga).
- Sporting CP have won 6 of their last 10 matches against Rio Ave (all competitions).
- Sporting CP have won 12 of their last 15 away matches (Primeira Liga).
- Sporting CP have won to nil in 3 of their last 4 matches (Primeira Liga).
Head to Head
Sporting CP have a 27-7 advantage against Rio Ave with 11 draws in 45 matches.
Rio Ave Form
Rio Ave have failed to win in their last eight matches with six draws and two defeats. They are desperately close to the relegation zone with four matches remaining.
The appointment of Miguel Cardoso as manager in late January has failed to have the desired effect. They are struggling to score goals and win matches.
Rio Ave lost 1-0 at Maritimo before a 1-1 draw against Pacos de Ferreira. Their last match was a 0-0 draw at Portimonense.
Rio Ave Injuries & Team News
Rio Ave right back Junio is injured but Ivo Pinto is available after suspension.
Defensive midfielder Nikola Jambor and striker André Pereira are injured.
Winger Carlos Mané could return to the starting side here.
Sporting CP Form
Sporting CP have a six point lead over Porto at the top of the table. They haven’t lost in the Primeira Liga this season, registering 23 wins and 7 draws.
The Lions have won three of their last four games. They won 1-0 at Farense before a 2-2 draw against Belenenses, scoring two late goals to snatch a point.
Ruben Amorim’s side pulled off a huge 1-0 win at Braga. Down to 10 men after 18 minutes, Matheus Nunes scored the winner in the 81st minute.
Sporting CP’s last match was a 2-0 home win against Nacional. Zouhair Feddal and Jovane Cabral stepped up with late goals in a match where they had 19-2 shots.
Sporting CP Injuries & Team News
Winger Bruno Tabata is injured.
Goalkeeper Antonio Adán, centre backs Sebastián Coates, Gonçalo Inacio and forward Tiago Tomás are all available after suspension.
Sporting CP should be too good for Rio Ave and edge a step closer to the Primeira Liga title.
Best Bet: Sporting CP Win Full Time Result @-133.33 at Unibet - 4 Units
Value Bet: Sporting CP Win To Nil Win To Nil @180.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Sporting CP Win 2-0 Correct Score @650.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit