- Monday 21
- Tuesday 22
- Wednesday 23
- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
Girona vs Almeria Predictions & Tips - Tight match expected in the Segunda Division
- Girona vs Almeria predictions for Wednesday’s Segunda Division Playoff
- The semi-final first leg is being played at 8pm BST at Estadi Municipal de Montilivi
- Girona are undefeated in 13 of their last 14 matches
- I am backing a draw with Almeria undefeated in 7 of their last 8 matches
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Girona host Almeria in the Segunda Division Playoffs on Wednesday (Getty Images)
Girona vs Almeria Predictions
Girona and Almeria have been very hard to beat in the Segunda Division in recent weeks. This should be a close game with a draw on the cards.
- Girona are undefeated in 13 of their last 14 matches (Segunda Division).
- Girona have won 7 of their last 8 matches (Segunda Division).
- Girona have seen under 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches (Segunda Division).
- Girona have seen under 1.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches against Almeria (Segunda Division).
- Almeria are undefeated in 7 of their last 8 matches (Segunda Division).
- Almeria have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 5 matches (Segunda Division).
Head to Head
Almeria have an 8-3 advantage against Girona with 5 draws in 16 matches.
Girona are in great form after winning seven of their last eight matches. They finished fifth in the Segunda Division which looked unlikely a month ago.
Francisco Rodríguez’s side have won to nil in six of their last eight games to highlight their defensive strength. They recently won 1-0 in three straight matches, beating Sporting Gijon, Malaga and Alcorcon in that run.
Girona’s last match was a 1-1 draw at Cartagena. Valery Fernández came off the bench to equalise in the 79th minute.
Girona Injuries & Team News
Girona striker Cristhian Stuani is doubtful with a hamstring injury.
Almeria are undefeated in seven of their last eight matches. They finished fourth in the Segunda Division, two points above Girona.
José Gomes was replaced by Rubi as manager in late April. The former Girona manager is undefeated in five of his first six games in charge.
Almeria drew four of five games before a 3-2 defeat at Cartagena. They have won their last two games, 2-1 against Logrones and 2-0 at Sporting Gijón with Ager Aketxe scoring both goals.
Almeria Injuries & Team News
Almeria centre back Jorge Cuenca is unavailable as he is representing Spain at the European U21 Championship.
Girona and Almeria finished two points apart in the Segunda Division this season. This should be a close match with under 2.5 goals and a draw on the cards in Spain.
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @-250.00 at BetMGM - 5 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @190.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @500.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit