- Thursday 24
- Friday 25
- Saturday 26
- Sunday 27
- Monday 28
- Tuesday 29
- Wednesday 30
- Thursday 1
- Friday 2
- Saturday 3
- Sunday 4
Girona vs Sporting Gijon Predictions & Tips - Girona Set for 5 Straight Wins
- Girona vs Sporting Gijon predictions for Monday’s Segunda Division match
- The game is being played at 8pm BST at Estadi Municipal de Montilivi
- Girona have won their last 4 home matches
- I am backing Gijon to win again
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Girona have won their last 4 matches (Getty Images)
Girona vs Sporting Gijon Predictions
Girona are the form team in the Segunda Division and are backed to make it five wins in a row. Sporting Gijon are struggling to score which should continue here.
- Girona have won their last 4 matches (Segunda Division).
- Girona have won to nil in 3 of their last 4 matches (Segunda Division).
- Girona’s Cristhian Stuani has scored 3 goals in his last 4 home matches (Segunda Division).
- Girona’s Cristhian Stuani scored 2 goals in his last last match (Segunda Division).
- Sporting Gijon have lost 3 of their last 6 matches (Segunda Division).
- Sporting Gijon have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches (Segunda Division).
Head to Head
Sporting Gijon have an 8-3 advantage against Girona with 5 draws in 16 matches.
Girona are in fine form after winning their last four matches. They have also won their last four at home stretching back to late March.
Francisco Rodríguez’s side started the winning run with a 3-0 home win against Real Zaragoza. They backed it up with 1-0 wins at Real Oviedo and at home against Tenerife.
Girona’s last match was a 4-1 win at Logrones. Arnau Martínez opened the scoring, Cristhian Stuani bagged a brace and Juanpe made it 4-0 in the 85th minute.
Stuani has now scored three goals in his last four home matches. The Uruguayan striker scored 29 goals in the Segunda Divison last season but started the current campaign with a number of injuries.
Sporting Gijon Form
Sporting Gijon have lost three of their last six matches. They have failed to score in four of their last five and are in danger of missing out on the promotion play-offs.
David Gallego’s side lost three straight in April. They lost 1-0 against Tenerife and Real Oviedo and were unable to score in 0-0 draws at Real Zaragoza and Leganes.
Sporting Gijon returned home and beat lowly Lugo 1-0. Bogdan Milovanov assisted Gaspar Campos for the winner early in the second half.
Girona have won four straight to surge into the promotion play-off positions. With Cristhian Stuani in form up front, they should be too good for Sporting Gijon who are struggling to score.
Best Bet: Girona Win Full Time Result @145.00 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Value Bet: Girona Win To Nil @255.00 at Unibet - 1 Unit
Correct Score Tip: Girona Win 1-0 Correct Score @550.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit