- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
- Thursday 30
Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions & Tips - Bucs to win Beer Cup against tired Chiefs
- Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions for Sunday’s Carling Black Label Cup
- Match is being played at 16:00 BST at Orlando Stadium
- Pirates have won 6 of their last 8 home matches
- A win for Orlando Pirates is tipped in Soweto
- Preview, tips, stats & team news
Pirates tipped to win Black Label Cup (Getty Images)
- Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions
- Head to Head
- Orlando Pirates Form
- Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
- Kaizer Chiefs Form
- Kaizer Chiefs Injuries & Team News
Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs Predictions
Pirates come into this game a bit fresher having had an off-season break. Chiefs are more match fit but have struggled in domestic matches over the last 12 months. My best bet is for the Buccaneers to take the win.
- Orlando Pirates have won 6 of their last 8 home matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Orlando Pirates have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 6 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Kaizer Chiefs have lost 3 of their last 7 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Kaizer Chiefs have conceded in 10 of their last 11 matches (Premier Soccer League).
- Kaizer Chiefs have lost 3 of their last 4 matches against Orlando Pirates (all competitions).
Head to Head
These sides sit at 16-16 over their past 51 meetings with 19 matches ending in draws.
Their last meeting was in March as Kaizer Chiefs won 1-0 at home against Orlando Pirates. Samir Nurkovic scored the goal.
Orlando Pirates Form
Pirates finished the 2020-21 PSL season in third place 17 points behind champions Mamelodi Sundowns. They lifted the Telkom Knockout to end a seven-year trophy drought.
A 1-0 defeat at TS Galaxy was followed by a 2-1 win at Baroka. They needed a draw on the final day to secure third spot and CAF Confederations Cup qualification.
Their last match saw a dull 0-0 stalemate against TTM to complete the season.
Orlando Pirates Injuries & Team News
Orlando Pirates’ line-up will be selected by a fans’ voting system. Four new signings have arrived but none have been voted into the starting XI as it stands.
Forward Monnapule Saleng could make his debut from the bench. Newly signed midfielder Goodman Mosele is at the Olympics so will not feature.
Kaizer Chiefs Form
Chiefs finished eighth in the Premier Soccer League last season after a very poor season that led to coach Gavin Hunt being sacked. They finished runners-up in the CAF Champions League.
The AmaKhosi finished the league season with consecutive wins under caretaker coach Arthur Zwane before Stuart Baxter was appointed.
A 1-0 win at Wydad Casablanca and a 0-0 draw at home in the second leg saw Chiefs reach the CAF Champions League final.
They lost 3-0 in the continental showpiece to Al Ahly as midfielder Happy Mashiane was red carded on the stroke of half-time.
Kaizer Chiefs Injuries & Team News
The starting XI will be chosen based on voting by the supporters. Defender Reeve Frosler and midfielder Nkosingiphile Ngcobo are absent due to their Olympics involvement.
Chiefs have made seven new signings and there may be debuts from the bench for the likes of Sifiso Hlanti at left back and Phathu Nange in midfield. Veteran midfielder Willard Katsande has been released.
Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs FAQ
Where can I watch Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch Orlando Pirates vs Kaizer Chiefs live stream.