- Sunday 17
- Monday 18
- Tuesday 19
- Wednesday 20
- Thursday 21
- Friday 22
- Saturday 23
- Sunday 24
- Monday 25
- Tuesday 26
- Wednesday 27
Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao Predictions & Tips - Los Blancos backed to reach final
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao predictions for Thursday’s Super Cup match
- Match is being played at 20:00 GMT at the Estadio La Rosaleda
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 9 matches
- I’m backing Real Madrid to win a tightly fought encounter
- Full match preview and predictions
Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last nine matches (Getty images)
Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao Predictions
Real Madrid have not been their free scoring selves this season, while Athletic Bilbao tend to keep things reasonably tight at the back. I expect this to end in a Real Madrid win with the match seeing under 2.5 goals.
- Real Madrid have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches (La Liga).
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Real Madrid have won 3 of their last 4 matches against Athletic Bilbao (La Liga).
- Athletic Bilbao have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches (La Liga).
Head to Head
Real Madrid lead 36-11 against Athletic Bilbao in 57 meetings. There have been 10 draws.
When these two sides last met in December, Real Madrid won 3-1 at home.
Real Madrid Form
Real Madrid come into this Super Cup semi-final in good form. They are unbeaten in their last nine matches in all competitions.
Zinedine Zidane’s side were on a six-match winning run but that was brought to an end when they drew 1-1 at Elche.
Real Madrid bounced back to win their next match 2-0 at home against Celta Vigo with Lucas Vazquez and Marco Asensio finding the back of the net.
In their last match, Real Madrid were held to a 0-0 draw at Osasuna. It was a disappointing result for Los Blancos as they failed to penetrate the Osasuna defence.
Real Madrid Injuries & Team News
There is a fitness doubt over Dani Carvajal and if he is ruled out, Lucas Vasquez will need to slot in at right-back. That will open up the right wing for Marco Asensio.
Eden Hazard could start in the left sided attacking berth.
Athletic Bilbao Form
Athletic Bilbao have had an inconsistent season thus far but will see this Super Cup clash against Real Madrid as an opportunity to revive their season.
Over the last four matches, Bilbao have drawn 1-1 at Villarreal, lost 1-0 at home to Real Sociedad and beaten Elche 1-0 at home.
Athletic Bilbao went down 3-2 at home in their last match against Barcelona. It was a spirited performance by Bilbao but after taking an early lead through Inaki Williams, they allowed Barcelona to go 3-1 up with 30 minutes to play.
Muniain pulled a goal back in the 90th minute but it was all a little too late for Athletic Bilbao.
Manager Marcelino will be looking for his first win charge after losing his first match at the helm last time out.
Athletic Bilbao Injuries & Team News
Unai Lopez and Peru Nolaskoain are both injured but weren’t expected to feature if they were fit.
Yeray Alvarez has returned to training but may not be risked just yet. Unai Nunez is expected to start at centre-back.
Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao FAQ
What is the Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao best bet?
The best bet is for Real Madrid to win and the match to go under 2.5 goals.
Where can I watch the Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao live stream.
Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last nine matches and should get over the line in this match. Neither team have been scoring plenty of goals so it could be a tight affair with under 2.5 goals tipped.
Best Bet: Real Madrid Win Full Time Result @-153.85 at BetMGM - 4 Units
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @-111.11 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: Madrid Win 2-0 Correct Score @650.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit
Top Betting Sites
17 January 2021
- Get 33/1 Liverpool or 33/1 Man United to win
- Risk-Free bet on Liverpool vs Man United: Get £10 risk free at Boylesports
- Get 5/1 Liverpool OR 12/1 Man United to win on Sunday + £5 free bet
- Liverpool vs Man United Risk Free Bet - Get a free £5 Bet Builder bet at Paddy Power
- Get 40/1 a penalty to be awarded during Liverpool vs Man United
- Get 80/1 Bruno Fernandes & Mo Salah to each have Over 2 shots on target
- Liverpool vs Man United: £10 Risk-Free Bet at Novibet