- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
- Tuesday 25
- Wednesday 26
- Thursday 27
- Friday 28
- Saturday 29
Chelsea vs Real Madrid Predictions & Tips - Extra time expected in the Champions League
- Chelsea vs Real Madrid predictions for Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League match
- The semi-final 2nd leg is being played at 8pm BST at Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 20 of their last 23 matches
- I am backing under 2.5 goals and a draw in London
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches against Real Madrid (Getty Images)
Chelsea vs Real Madrid Predictions
Real Madrid and Chelsea won’t take many risks with so much at stake. Both clubs have been solid defensively with under 2.5 goals the best bet.
- Chelsea are undefeated in 22 of their last 24 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 20 of their last 23 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches against Real Madrid (all competitions).
- Chelsea have drawn 2 of their last 4 matches against Real Madrid (all competitions).
- Real Madrid are undefeated in their last 19 matches (all competitions).
- Real Madrid have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Real Madrid have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
Head to Head
Chelsea have a 2-0 advantage against Real Madrid with 2 draws in 4 competitive matches.
They met in the 1998 UEFA Super Cup, Chelsea winning 1-0 in Monaco with Gianfranco Zola assisting Gustavo Poyet for the winner.
The first leg last week ended in a 1-1 draw in Madrid.
Chelsea are undefeated in 22 of their last 24 matches in all competitions. They are fighting hard for fourth spot in the Premier League and have reached the FA Cup final.
Thomas Tuchel’s side beat Man City 1-0 in the FA Cup semi-finals. They returned to the Premier League with a 0-0 draw at home against Brighton and 1-0 win at West Ham.
The Blues drew 1-1 at Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg. They dominated much of the first half and will be disappointed not to add to Christian Pulisic’s opener.
Chelsea’s last match was a 2-0 home win against Fulham. Kai Havertz scored both goals in a comfortable victory, Fulham held to 0.29 expected goals.
Chelsea Injuries and Team News
Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic is injured and centre back Antonio Rüdiger is doubtful.
Expect César Azpilicueta, N'Golo Kanté and Jorginho to come back into the starting side here.
Real Madrid Form
Real Madrid are undefeated in their last 19 matches in all competitions. They are second in La Liga, two points behind Atletico Madrid and level with Barcelona.
Zinedine Zidane’s side recently kept four straight clean sheets. That included three 0-0 draws against Liverpool, Getafe, Real Betis and a 3-0 win at Cadiz.
Los Blancos drew 1-1 against Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final first leg. They conceded first in Spain, Karim Benzema equalising with their only shot on target.
Real Madrid’s last match was a 2-0 home win against Osasuna. Eder Militão and Casemiro scored the goals, Osasuna never looking like scoring.
Real Madrid Injuries & Team News
Right backs Lucas Vázquez and Daniel Carvajal are injured alongside centre back Raphael Varane.
Centre back Sergio Ramos and left back Ferland Mendy are is doubtful but Ramos is expected to start next to Eder Militão in central defence.
Midfielder Federico Valverde could be available after testing positive for COVID-19. Expect Toni Kroos and Luka Modric to come back into the starting side.
Eden Hazard started against Osasuna but is more likely to be an option off the bench in London.
Real Madrid and Chelsea have been very strong defensively in recent weeks. With so much as stake, this should be another low scoring match with a draw on the cards.
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @-151.52 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @240.00 at Unibet - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @500.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit