- Sunday 19
- Monday 20
- Tuesday 21
- Wednesday 22
- Thursday 23
- Friday 24
- Saturday 25
- Sunday 26
- Monday 27
- Tuesday 28
- Wednesday 29
Monaco vs Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions & Tips - Shakhtar to test Monaco in the Champions League
- Monaco vs Shakhtar Donetsk predictions for Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League play-off
- The first leg is being played at Stade Louis II (8pm BST)
- Can Monaco bounce back after defeat in Ligue 1?
- Shakhtar are undefeated in 7 of their last 8 Champions League away matches
- Preview, tips, stats & team news
Monaco are undefeated in 14 of their last 15 home matches (Getty Images)
Monaco vs Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions
Shakhtar Donetsk have the talent to trouble Monaco in the UEFA Champions League. I am backing the Ukraine club to score and earn a draw in the first leg.
- Monaco vs Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions
- Head to Head
- Monaco Form
- Monaco Injuries & Team News
- Shakhtar Donetsk Form
- Shakhtar Donetsk Injuries & Team News
- Monaco are undefeated in 14 of their last 15 home matches (all competitions).
- Monaco have lost 7 of their last 8 home matches (Champions League).
- Monaco have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 3 matches (all competitions).
- Shakhtar Donetsk are undefeated in their last 4 matches (Champions League).
- Shakhtar Donetsk are undefeated in 7 of their last 8 away matches (Champions League).
- Shakhtar Donetsk have seen BTTS in 6 of their last 8 away matches (Champions League).
- Shakhtar Donetsk have drawn 3 of their last 6 away matches (Champions League).
Head to Head
Monaco are 1-1 against Shakhtar Donetsk.
They met in the 1979-80 Uefa Cup, Shakhtar winning 2-1 at home before a 2-0 defeat in Monaco.
Monaco started the season in the UEFA Champions League 3rd qualifying round. They beat Sparta Prague 5-1 on aggregate after a 2-0 win in Prague and 3-0 home win.
Niko Kovac’s side were disappointing in their opening Ligue 1 match. They drew 1-1 against Nantes after having 75% possession and 15-5 shots.
Monaco lost 1-0 at Lorient on Friday. They had 72% possession and 12-2 shots but couldn’t overcome a first half penalty.
Monaco Injuries & Team News
Centre back Jean Marcelin is out with a muscle injury.
Midfielder Aleksandr Golovin is doubtful.
Shakhtar Donetsk Form
Shakhtar Donetsk won three of four matches to start the new Ukraine Premier League season. They won 2-1 against Ingulets, 3-0 at PFK Lviv and lost 2-1 against Oleksandriya before a 2-0 win against Metalist Kharkiv.
Roberto De Zerbi’s side beat Genk in the Champions League third qualifying round. They won 2-1 in Belgium and 2-1 in Ukraine.
Shakhtar Donetsk Injuries & Team News
Centre back Valeriy Bondar, winger Pedrinho and striker Júnior Moraes are injured.
Shakhtar Donetsk have a strong squad and will be happy with a draw in Monaco.
Best Bet: BTTS Yes BTTS @-125.00 at BetMGM - 3 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @300.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @650.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit