- Friday 14
- Saturday 15
- Sunday 16
- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
- Thursday 20
- Friday 21
- Saturday 22
- Sunday 23
- Monday 24
Arsenal vs Villarreal Predictions & Tips - Villarreal to hold Arsenal to a draw in the Europa League
- Arsenal vs Villarreal predictions for Thursday’s UEFA Europa League match
- The semi-final 2nd leg is being played at 8pm BST at Emirates Stadium
- Villarreal are undefeated in their last 13 Europa League matches
- I am backing Villarreal to earn a draw to progress to the final
- Preview, predictions, stats & team news
Villarreal beat Arsenal 2-1 in the first leg (Getty Images)
Arsenal vs Villarreal Predictions
Villarreal are backed to see under 2.5 goals against Arsenal in the Europe League semi-finals. The Spanish club haven’t lost in Europe this season and can earn a draw to reach the final.
- Arsenal have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Arsenal are undefeated in 14 of their last 16 matches (Europa League).
- Villarreal have drawn 2 of their last 4 matches against Arsenal (all competitions).
- Villarreal are undefeated in their last 13 matches (Europa League).
- Villarreal have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 5 away matches (Europa League).
Head to Head
Arsenal have a 2-1 record advantage against Villarreal with 2 draws in 5 matches
They met in the 2008/09 Champions League quarter-finals. The first leg in Spain ended in a 1-1 draw before Arsenal won 3-0 in London.
Villarreal won 2-1 at home in the semi-final first leg last week.
Arsenal sit 9th in the Premier League and have no chance of reaching the top four.
The Gunners have lost two of their last three matches, starting with a 1-0 home defeat against Everton. Bernd Leno produced a howler 14 minutes from time.
Mikel Arteta’s side travelled to Spain to take on Villarreal in the Europa League semi-final first leg. They were 2-0 down at half-time, Nicolas Pépé scoring a penalty after Dani Ceballos had been sent off to secure a 2-1 defeat.
Arsenal’s last match was a 2-0 win at Newcastle in the Premier League. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang assisted Mohamed Elneny for the opening goal and converted a Gabriel Martinelli cross in the 66th minute.
Arsenal Injuries & Team News
Arsenal centre back David Luiz is injured and left back Kieran Tierney is doubtful.
Strikers Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang should get a start here with Alexandre Lacazette doubtful.
Midfielder Dani Ceballos is suspended.
Villarreal are 6th in La Liga and can’t finish any higher than 5th. They have won 10 of their last 13 matches and 12 of their last 13 in the Europa League.
The Yellow Submarine lost 2-1 at Deportivo Alaves and 2-1 against Barcelona before the Europa League semi-finals.
Villarreal hosted Arsenal in the first leg. Goals to Manu Trigueros and Raúl Albiol established a 2-0 lead but they let Arsenal back into the contest in a 2-1 win.
Unai Emery’s side returned to La Liga with a 1-0 home win against Getafe. Yeremi Pino came off the bench to score a late winner.
Villarreal Injuries & Team News
Midfielder Vicente Iborra is injured and Etienne Capoue is suspended.
Defender Juan Foyth is doubtful.
Villarreal have not lost in the Europa League this season. With a draw required to reach the final, I am expecting under 2.5 goals and a draw.
Best Bet: Under 2.5 Goals Total Goals @105.00 at Unibet - 3 Units
Value Bet: Draw Full Time Result @260.00 at bet365 Sport NJ - 2 Units
Correct Score Tip: 1-1 Draw Correct Score @600.00 at Borgata Sports - 1 Unit