2020 Fillies' Mile Odds - O'Brien's well represented as Indigo Girl tops Newmarket betting
- We take a look through the betting for the 2020 Fillies' Mile
- The Fillies' Mile is the Group One feature at Newmarket on Friday 9th September
- John Gosden's Indigo Girl is the current favourite
- Shale, Pretty Gorgeous and Santa Barbara could represent different members of the O'Brien family
Indigo Girl winning at Doncaster. (Getty)
We take a look through the Fillies' Mile odds, where Indigo Girl heads a trio of Irish challengers.
Friday's card at Newmarket's Future Champions meeting is headlined by the Fillies' Mile. This Group One has proven to be one of the most important juvenile races on the calendar, and horses who perform well in the Fillies' Mile could be aimed at either the 1000 Guineas or the Epsom Oaks the following season.
16 talented fillies stood their ground at the seven-day entry stage for the 2020 Fillies' Mile. Let's take a look through the betting and possible runners.
2020 Fillies' Mile Odds
*Odds taken from bet365 on 6/10/20*
2020 Fillies' Mile Runners
Indigo Girl2020 Fillies' Mile FavouriteGET 11/4 HERE
New customers only. 18+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.
Indigo Girl tops the market for John Gosden, who won the last of his four Fillies' Miles with Rainbow View in 2008. Rab Havlin's mount is unbeaten in two starts, and looked a class above her rivals when pulling clear in the May Hill Stakes at Doncaster.
All three members of the O'Brien family have pitched talented fillies into the mix. Second in the betting we find Donnacha O'Brien's Shale, who'll be searching for her second Group One of the season, having won the Moyglare Stud Stakes during Irish Champions Weekend.
Joseph O'Brien's Pretty Gorgeous came out second best that day, having beaten Shale in the Debutante Stakes on her previous start. Pretty Gorgeous had been due to run in the Prix Marcel Boussac, but a batch of contaminated feed meant all of O'Brien's runners at Longchamp had to be withdrawn.
Not wanting to be upstaged by his sons, Aidan O'Brien had handed Santa Barbara an entry into Friday's Fillies' Mile. This daughter of Camelot has only been seen once thus far, but Santa Barbara made a good impression when winning on debut at the Curragh two weeks ago.
The master of Ballydoyle has also handed entries to five of his other most promising fillies, including Monday, Mother Earth and Divinely.
Isabella Giles could step up to Group One company, having secured an impressive two-length triumph in the Shadwell Rockfel Stakes here on the Rowley Mile.
Zabeel Queen went to post as the favourite for the May Hill Stakes, but could only finish third as Indigo Girl cruised to victory. That hasn't put Roger Varian off from throwing his filly into this Group One, and Zabeel Queen has to be respected.
Dubai Fountain has been beaten on her last four outings, but ran well to place second behind the favourite at Doncaster. Mark Johnston's filly was also beaten into second by Star Of Emaraaty in the Sweet Solera Stakes, and Kevin Ryan's filly could also make her Group One debut on Friday.
Top Betting Sites
Chisora at 80/1 🥊 to beat Usyk
Price boost on Chisora to beat Usyk this Halloween at enhanced odds of 80/1!! Mobile only. New customers using promo code EPC80.New customers using EPC80. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 09:00 on 22 October 2020 until 22:30 on 31 October 2020. Max £1 bet at 80/1. Returns paid as 8 x £10 free bets (30 day expiry). Player & currency restrictions & terms apply.
Bet $1 = Win $100 | NFL
Bet $1, Win $100 if Either Team Scores a Touchdown! Paid in free bets. Available in all states (NJ, CO, IN and WV).Bet $1, Win $100 if Either Team Scores a Touchdown! Paid in free bets. Available in all states (NJ, CO, IN and WV).
Trump 50/1 to win the US Election 🇺🇸
New customers using EPUS2020. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 09:00 on 22 October 2020 until 23:59 on 3 November 2020. Max £1 bet at 50/1.New customers using EPUS2020. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 09:00 on 22 October 2020 until 23:59 on 3 November 2020. Max £1 bet at 50/1. Returns paid as 10 x £5 free bets (30 day expiry). Player & currency restrictions & terms apply.
24 October 2020
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje: Get 25/1 for Khabib to win at William Hill
- UFC 254 Khabib Nurmagomedov Price Boosts - Get 25/1, 10/1 and more on Khabib to beat Justin Gaethje
- UFC 254 Betting Preview & Special - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje headlines Fight Island
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje Betting Tips, Predictions & Odds - Khabib to remain unbeaten in lightweight title at UFC 254
25 October 2020
- NRL Grand Final Betting Tips, Predictions & Odds - Penrith Panthers vs Melbourne Storm for the NRL premiership
- NRL Grand Final First Tryscorer Betting Tips, Predictions & Odds - Who will get the first try of the final?
- Clive Churchill Medal Tips, Predictions & Odds - Who will be named best on ground in NRL Grand Final?