The Gold Coast Titans will host the Brisbane Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday. The Titans continued their rise with back-to-back wins over the Dragons and Bulldogs, while the Broncos provided a better performance despite suffering another loss to the Panthers at home.
Gold Coast Titans Form
The Titans have been one of the most improved sides in the competition in recent weeks, recording three victories in their last five matches.
They defeated the Bulldogs in Sydney 18-14 last weekend on the back of a monstrous performance by Moeaki Fotuaika, running over 200m off the bench.
Gold Coast Titans Team News
Brian Kelly (ankle) and Jaimin Jolliffe (ankle) are both out after suffering injuries last week, with Beau Fermor tasked with marking Katoni Staggs.
Fotuaika returns to the starting side in place of Jolliffe, and although he has been named on the bench, Jai Arrow may start in place of Tyrone Peachey at lock.
The Titans team for Saturday can be found below:
1. AJ Brimson 2. Anthony Don 3. Beau Fermor 4. Young Tonumaipea 5. Corey Thompson 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty © 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Mitch Rein 10. Moeaki Fotuaika 11. Sam Stone 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Tyrone Peachey 14. Erin Clark 15. Jai Whitbread 16. Jai Arrow 17. Sam Lisone 18. Tanah Boyd 19. Treymain Spry 20. Darius Farmer 21. Nathan Peats
Brisbane Broncos Form
The Brisbane Broncos showed an improved performance against the Panthers last weekend, challenging the competition favourites before ultimately going down 25-12.
Recording only one victory in their last 15 matches, the Broncos are a team on the ropes.
Brisbane Broncos Team News
Broncos welcome back club captain Alex Glenn from a knee injury. Glenn starts at second-row for Ben Te'o who drops back to the bench alongside Joe Ofahengue, replacing the suspended Jordan Riki and Jamil Hopoate.
Xavier Coates (foot) has replaced Ethan Bullemor on the bench, with a possibility to swap with Corey Oates onto the wing before kick-off.
The Broncos team list for Saturday can be found below:
1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Richard Kennar 6. Sean O'Sullivan 7. Tom Dearden 8. Rhys Kennedy 9. Issac Luke 10. Payne Haas 11. David Fifita 12. Alex Glenn 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Ben Te'o 16. Xavier Coates 17. Joe Ofahengaue 18. Jesse Arthars 19. Ethan Bullemor 20. Brodie Croft 21. Pride Petterson-Robati
Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos Head To Head
The Broncos have dominated the Titans in most of their head-to-head matches, winning 20 of 28 games. The Titans recorded an easy victory the last time these sides met, dominating the Broncos 30-12 at Suncorp Stadium.
Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos Betting Odds
The Titans are 1.68 favourites for the match, with the Broncos 2.20 to cause an upset. The line has been set at +3.5 points for the Broncos.
Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos Match Up
Payne Hass and Moeaki Fotuaika are two of the most impressive props in the game, dominating the middle of the field this season for their respective sides.
Hass has been the dominant prop for the Broncos in the last couple of seasons and will be looking to lead the Broncos towards another victory over Titans.
Nonetheless, for Hass to do so, he will have to overcome Fotuaika who made one of the best performances of the round last week.
Another young forward with a massive motor, they will come head-to-head and will both play big minutes for their side.
Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos Key Stats
- The Broncos are hoping to avoid a club record 9th straight losses.
- The Broncos have won nine of 13 matches at Cbus Super Stadium.
- The Broncos have conceded the most points per match this season at 32.