The resurgent Gold Coast Titans host the Canberra Raiders at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday in NRL Round 15. Overshadowed by Kevin Proctor’s biting charge, the Titans went down to the Cronulla Sharks last week, while the Raiders trounced the sorry Brisbane Broncos after a slow start.
Gold Coast Titans Form
The Gold Coast Titans have been one of the most improved sides in the league over the last few weeks, led by the return of fullback AJ Brimson. They sit with a 4-10 record for the season but look to be heading in the right direction.
Gold Coast Titans Team News
Kevin Proctor will be forced to defend his biting charge after being sent-off last weekend against the Sharks, while Jarrod Wallace will start at prop as Moeakai Fotuaika shifts to lock for the injured Jai Arrow (shoulder).
Anothony Don and Phillip Sami return from injury to the wings, shifting Young Tonumaipea to centre following Dale Copley’s season ending injury.
The Titans team for Saturday can be found below:
1. AJ Brimson 2. Anthony Don 3. Brian Kelly 4. Young Tonumaipea 5. Philip Sami 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Nathan Peats 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. Kevin Proctor (c) 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Moeaki Fotuaika 14. Tyrone Peachey 15. Sam Lisone 16. Beau Fermor 17. Sam Stone
Canberra Raiders Form
The Canberra Raiders overcame a slow start against the Broncos last weekend at home, bouncing back from an 6-8 deficit at half-time to record a dominant 36-8 win in the end.
The fifth-placed Raiders have won four of their last five matches, and will be looking to continue their strong form as they push for a top-four berth.
Canberra Raiders Team News
Hudson Young returns to the lock position in the only change for the week, pushing Ryan Sutton to the interchange.
The Raiders team list for Saturday can be found below:
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Jordan Rapana 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Curtis Scott 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papalii 9. Siliva Havili
10. Dunamis Lui 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Hudson Young 14. Tom Starling 15. Joseph Tapine 16. Ryan Sutton 17. Corey Harawira-Naera
Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders Head To Head
The Raiders and Titans have shared the spoils in 24 head-to-head matches to date, with each side winning 12 games a-piece.
The Raiders have won six of their last seven matches over the Titans, including a 24-6 victory before the competition shutdown in March.
Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders Betting Odds
The Raiders are red-hot favourites at 1.25 with the Titans the 4.00 outsiders. The line has been set at -10.5 for the Raiders to cover.
Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders Match Up
Although Moeaki Fotuaika has shifted to the lock position following Jai Arrow’s injury, his battle against Josh Papalii in the middle will be one of the most exciting match-ups this weekend.
A star of the rise, Fotuaika is already the pack leader for the Titans at the age of 20 and will be looking to assert his authority against one of the competitions best in Papalii.
Arguably in career best form, Big Papa has been the driving force behind the Raiders success this season, with his dominance in the middle of the field is a key to the sides success.
Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders Key Stats
- The Raiders have won 4 of their last 5 matches.
- The Raiders have won their last 3 matches against the Titans, and 6 of their last 7 matches.
- The Titans have struggled with their discipline in 2020, conceding the most errors, handling errors and ineffective tackles in the competition.