Melbourne Storm and Gold Coast Titans meet on the Sunshine Coast as NRL Round 10 continues on Friday with what history suggests will be a lop-sided contest.
Both teams enter the game full of confidence after single figure victories against the Canberra Raiders and New Zealand Warriors respectively.
The Storm has dominated this fixture in the past, but after a confidence-building win last week would it be foolish to write off the Titans?
Storm Form & Team News
The Melbourne Storm were at their gritty best on the weekend, grinding out a six point win against the Raiders on Saturday night. In a huge positive for the men in purple, Cam Munster should take his place in the side after recovering from a knee injury.
Munster takes the place of Ryley Jacks, while Brandon Smith starts at prop for the injured Jesse Bromwich. Felise Kaufusi's return will push Tino Faasuamaleaui to the bench.
The Melbourne Storm team for Friday can be found below:
1. James Tedesco 2. Matt Ikuvalu 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Nat Butcher 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Sitili Tupouniua 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Poasa Faamausili 19. Ryan Hall 20. Isaac Liu 21. Drew Hutchison
Titans Form & Team News
The Gold Coast Titans recorded their third win of season 2020 with a come from behind victory over the New Zealand Warriors. The Titans trailed 12-0 but rallied to score 16 unanswered points to claim the famous win.
Brian Kelly and Phillip Sami return in the centres after overcoming injuries, with Beau Fermor returning to the second row.
The Gold Coast Titans team for Friday can be found below:
1. Corey Thompson 2. Anthony Don 3. Brian Kelly 4. Phillip Sami 5. Treymain Spry 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Erin Clark 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. Beau Fermor 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Jai Arrow 14. Tanah Boyd 15. Tyrone Peachey 16. Sam Lisone 17. Jarrod Wallace 18. Sam Stone 19. Jai Whitbread 20. Nathan Peats 21. Greg Lelesiuao
Roosters vs Raiders Head to Head
The Storm have dominated the Titans since their inception, losing just six times across 22 meetings. Melbourne can register a five-straight win over Gold Coast on Friday night and a ninth victory across the last ten meetings.
Roosters vs Raiders Betting Odds
The Storm are the 1.07 favourites heading into Friday with the Titans the biggest outsiders of the round at 8.50.
Gold Coast get a +19.5 head start in this match up.
Storms vs Titans Match Up
The battle between speedster Josh Addo-Carr and the spring step of Anthony Don will decide this match. In a battle of contrasting styles, the leaping ability and power of Don will come up against the blinding speed and elusiveness of Addo-Carr. Don will like his chances at gathering in attacking kicks, while Addo-Carr will be seeking one-on-one opportunities.
Storm vs Titans Key Stats
- The Storm have only lost to the Titans six times in their history
- Josh Addo-Carr has scored at least one try in his last four games in Queensland
- Melbourne has won six of its last eight matches against Gold Coast by 13+ points