A rematch of last year's grand final kicks off NRL Round 10 as the Sydney Roosters host the Canberra Raiders at the SCG.
This has been one of the most competitive fixtures in all of rugby league with the two teams splitting the last six matches 3-3 with the final margin never exceeding double figures.
Are we in for another instant classic on Thursday?
Roosters Form & Team News
The Roosters delivered one of their most comprehensive wins of 2020, smashing the Cowboys in Townsville by 26 points. After conceding the opening try for the first time this season, the Chooks delivered a withering burst of eight unanswered tries to register the strong win.
Brett Morris returns from a groin injury on the wing in place of Ryan Hall. Matt Ikuvalu retains his spot. Captain Boyd Cordner is back after a head knock pushing Mitch Aubusson to the bench
The Sydney Roosters team for Thursday night can be found below:
1. James Tedesco 2. Matt Ikuvalu 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Angus Crichton 13. Nat Butcher 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Sitili Tupouniua 16. Mitchell Aubusson 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Poasa Faamausili 19. Ryan Hall 20. Isaac Liu 21. Drew Hutchison
Raiders Form & Team News
The Raiders put together a spirited performance against the Storm on Saturday and could have easily come away with the points had it not been for a few lapses in concentration. The loss leaves the Green Machine in seventh and desparately needing a win to maintain touch with the top-four.
Josh Hodgson and Bailey Simonsson are out with injury, with Siliva Havili and Jordan Rapana starting in their places respectively. Tom Starling and Curtis Scott coming onto the interchange. Joe Tapine has been named to start at lock.
The Canberra Raiders team for Thursday night can be found below:
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Michael Oldfield 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Siliva Havili 10. Dunamis Lui 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine 14. Tom Starling 15. Kai O'Donnell 16. Ryan Sutton 17. Curtis Scott 18. Matt Frawley 19. Darby Medlyn 20. Sam Williams 21. Semi Valemi
Roosters vs Raiders Head to Head
The Roosters are hunting a fourth-straight win on Thursday, but this fixture is a lot closer than that record would have you believe.
The last six matches between the two sides has been split 3-3 with the biggest margin that stretch eight points.
Roosters vs Raiders Betting Odds
The Roosters are the firm 1.25 favourites ahead of the round ten opener, with the Raiders the 3.25 outsiders.
The Raiders get a +11.5 head start on Thursday.
Roosters vs Raiders Match Up
Roosters five-eighth Luke Keary continues to cement his standing as one of the game's premier playmakers, racking up 10 try assists, seven line-break assists and four tries over the first nine rounds.
When Josh Wighton plays well the Raiders invariably follow suit. If he can out-point Keary and make the Roosters work overtime in defence with a strong kicking and passing game, the Raiders could spring an upset.
Roosters vs Raiders Key Stats
- The last six matches between these two sides has been decided by eight points or less
- Last week was the first time this season the Roosters have conceded the first try of the match
- The Roosters have won their last ten matches at the SCG