Sydney Roosters and Cronulla Sharks go head to head on Saturday at the SCG in NRL Round 19. The Roosters still need a win to book a double chance courtesy of a top four finish, while the Sharks have wrapped up their spot in the finals last week.
Sydney Roosters Form
The Roosters sit in third spot with a 13-5 record heading into the penultimate round of the season, but still need another victory to be assured of a finishing in the top four.
Sydney made it four wins in a row last week when disposing of the Newcastle Knights 42-12 and have now surpassed 38 points in three of their last four matches. The free-flowing footy has ensured the Roosters have the best attack in the competition.
Sydney Roosters Team News
The Roosters are looking to the finals by giving James Tedesco and Siosiua Taukeiaho a rest. Joey Manu starts at fullback, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves returns at prop, Lindsay Collins starts in the front row and Freddy Lussick and Angus Crichton are on the bench.
The Roosters team for Saturday is below:
1. Joseph Manu 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Mitchell Aubusson 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Lindsay Collins 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Isaac Liu 14. Freddy Lussick 15. Angus Crichton 16. Nat Butcher 17. Sonny Bill Williams 18. Poasa Faamausili 19. Drew Hutchison 20. Daniel Fifita 21. Matt Ikuvalu.
Cronulla Sharks Form
Cronulla will be playing finals footy after last week's 22-14 victory over New Zealand Warriors guaranteed they will finish inside the eight. The Sharks could yet end up as high as sixth, but the hard work is done.
It has been against teams inside the top eight that Cronulla have struggled against this season, losing all six games against teams above them. They have lost conceded 38 points or more in three of the last four of those fixtures.
Cronulla Sharks Team News
The Sharks name an unchanged team from last week's victory over the Warriors.
The Sharks team for Saturday is below:
1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Josh Dugan 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Connor Tracey 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Braden Hamlin-Uele 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Siosifa Talakai 13. Toby Rudolf 14. Teig Wilton 15. Jack Williams 16. Andrew Fifita 17. Royce Hunt 18. Scott Sorensen 19. Bryson Goodwin 20. Braydon Trindall 21. Billy Magoulias.
Sydney Roosters vs Cronulla Sharks Head to Head
The Roosters have won the last four matches against Cronulla, with the last three by at least nine points. The Sharks were beaten 30-16 in last year's clash between the sides.
Sydney Roosters vs Cronulla Sharks Odds
The Roosters are short 1.11 favourites with the Sharks available to back at 6.50. The line has been set at +16.5 points for Cronulla.
Sydney Roosters vs Cronulla Sharks Stats
- Sydney Roosters have won their last 4 matches.
- Cronulla Sharks have lost all 6 matches against top 8 sides this season.
- Mitch Aubusson will break the club’s games record in his 303rd Roosters appearance.