Wests Tigers vs South Sydney Rabbitohs Predictions
Souths have won their last three games and racking up some decent scores in the process. They can feast on a Wests defence that has been largely abysmal all year and conceded 106 in the last two matches.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won their last 3 matches.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have scored 108 points in their last 3 games.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs have won their last 3 matches against Wests Tigers.
- Wests Tigers have conceded 106 points in their last 2 games.
- Wests Tigers have conceded an average of 30.72 points per game across their last 25 games.
There have been 37 games played between these outfits, with Souths notching 21 wins to the Tigers' 16.
The last time they met at Leichhardt Oval was in Round 24, 2007 when Souths won 37-12. If Souths win this weekend, it will be just the second time they’ve won consecutive games at the historic venue since 1975.
Wests Tigers Form
The Tigers 2021 campaign started just as their 2020 one ended, with few wins and leaking far too many points.
The Tigers' 24-20 victory over Newcastle in Round 3 was their only win from their opening seven games, before they won 4 of their next 6 games, to move within reach of the top 8.
The positivity has disappeared in the last two games as they were thumped 40-12 by Parramatta Eels and given a 66-16 hiding from Melbourne Storm.
Wests Tigers Team News
Shawn Blore, Adam Doueihi and Thomas Mikaele are all set to return this week from their minor injuries.
But Russell Packer and Asu Kepaoa are out indefinitely, likely for the season.
There’s been very few changes to the side that got thrashed by 50 points against the Storm a fortnight ago.
Doueihi returns at centre, pushing Talau out of the side. Alex Seyfarth will start at lock with Maroons forward Joe Ofahengaue on the bench.
Mikaele also is on the bench, at the expense of Tom Amone.
Wests Tigers Team List
1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. James Roberts 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Moses Mbye 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Seyfarth 14. Stefano Utoikamanu 15. Shawn Blore 16. Thomas Mikaele 17. Joe Ofahengaue 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Tom Amone 20. Fetalaiga Pauga 21. Jake Simpkin
South Sydney Rabbitohs Form
Souths dropped their season opener to the Melbourne Storm before winning their next seven straight games.
Then they faced they faced the Storm again and were humbled 50-0.
A high-scoring 10-point victory over the struggling Cronulla Sharks the following week was followed up with a humiliating 56-12 thrashing from Penrith Panthers.
Souths have looked far more impressive since then, scoring 38 points against the stingy Parramatta Eels defence, strolling to a 24-10 win over the Newcastle Knights before belting Brisbane 46-0 in Round 15.
South Sydney Rabbitohs Team News
Mark Nicholls suffered a head knock in Round 15, but the two weeks between games has seen him fully recover and he is available this weekend.
Benji Marshall returns to take on his former side, forcing rookie Blake Taaffe out. Hame Sele replaces Tatola at prop and Liam Knight moves onto the bench.
Jaxson Paulo will be available next weekend, but Tevita Tatola will be sidelined until Round 25 with a knee injury.
Brock Gardner’s Achilles injury will keep him out indefinitely.
South Sydney Rabbitohs Team List
1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dane Gagai 4. Campbell Graham 5. Taane Milne 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Mark Nicholls 9. Damien Cook 10. Hame Sele 11. Keaon Koloamatangi 12. Jai Arrow 13. Cameron Murray 14. Benji Marshall 15. Liam Knight 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Jacob Host 18. Braidon Burns 19. Jaydn Su'A 20. Blake Taaffe 21. Josh Mansour 22. Tautau Moga 23. Patrick Mago